2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Relevance. Medical conditions may affect weight loss. Obese people often have IR, or other health conditions, which can affect weight loss.

Where did op mention a medical condition????????

They did not mention a medical condition, but they did ask:
    I just want to know if other people have tried this and if it works.

A few of us, for whom a LCHF diet worked well, answered this question but we have medical issues. To be very fair and honest we disclosed that LCHF may have worked better for us than it does for others due to our medical conditions.

Again, zero mention of a medical condition so irrelevant to this thread.
  • MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I found it relevant. Many people have medical issues that they don't mention in every post, especially issues which tend to go along with being overweight or obese. And even if you don't think it applies, others did. So who cares if it's ~strictly~ relevant.

To OP: like all diets, you have to try it and see how it works for you. I love eating low carb and the benefits for me are so good that I'll continue to eat this way for the rest of my life. It's simply my way of eating now, not a diet. IMO, the best "diet" is one which you make into a permanent lifestyle change, otherwise you will fall back into your old habits and regain. So, if you're thinking of doing it only short-term, I wouldn't recommend it.

Whether low carb fits the right lifestyle criteria for you, only you can decide.

Oh, edit cause I forgot to mention! I don't think I lost/lose at an abnormally high rate (though I did and do go at a really good pace), but to me it is easier to stick with because I get to eat food I actually enjoy. If you're a high carb food lover this would be a negative to you though since the low carb food wouldn't be as appealing. So, again, it mostly depends on you and what you like.
  • jragsdale
    jragsdale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started eating low carb moderate fat 16 days ago and have lost 16lbs so far. It has been super easy because I can still eat almost all the foods that I was eating before. Basically all I had to do is cut out all the sugar and sweets that I was eating. I also intermittent fast 16/8 and TRY to drink lots of water. This is the only way of eating that has ever had me losing weight. I have tried everything. I have been overweight since high school and am trying to lose at least 100lbs.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Fat is satiating but I NEED volume too. Personally a moderate approach where I have decent amount of all macros and not overeating one in particular helps me strike that balance.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    Fat is satiating but I NEED volume too. Personally a moderate approach where I have decent amount of all macros and not overeating one in particular helps me strike that balance.

Volume eaters seem to have a bit of a harder time with LCHF than others . So true.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i have been doing low carb high fat. i lost 120 pounds in 11 months. Because i was never hungry it was easy to cut carbs. check out dietdoctor.com its got some stuff you can buy but you dont have to....i didnt. lots of good information and recipes etc