What type of threads get your attention?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    I think "If I Get A Wedgie In Yoga Class Is It Okay To Pluck It Out When There's A Cute Boy On The Mat Right Behind Me Admiring My Bum When I Do Sun Salutes?" would be an excellent discussion in the Fitness and Exercise or Debate subforums.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I think "If I Get A Wedgie In Yoga Class Is It Okay To Pluck It Out When There's A Cute Boy On The Mat Right Behind Me Admiring My Bum When I Do Sun Salutes?" would be an excellent discussion in the Fitness and Exercise or Debate subforums.

Somebody sweet and innocent with a clean record should take this on over there.

Like you?
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member

Are you trying to set me up?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member

Like you?

No. But you maybe.

I am, so honored but no, I couldn't because I dislike; yoga!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited March 2017
    Gif's.
    Robert Downey, Jr. Gif's

Please.

e60gxbw7c5ae.gif

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited March 2017
    Anything that is about food/nutrition/motivation/weight loss etc. Pretty much the reason we're all here. I avoid posts with thousands of replies on them like the plague. Person above threads are stupid and annoying - main reason being you see all the time people posting for help or motivation on a relevant topic and they'll get no response, but a "would you $*%^#& the person above" gets thousands of responses. It's juvenile and insulting.

Like this ... seriously, what is wrong with you people?
    ertb9mp3t9er.jpg
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    The Good:
    Interesting off beat stuff:
    @LittleHearseDriver has #1 in uniqueness
    Banana Dude theater of the absurd.

The Bad:
    Where you all from?

The Ugly:
    Sad personal stories of relationships gone bad.

Awww, thank you Jim!!!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    So this guy, he's a doctor, oh did I mention I have enormous breasts? Ok ya so this doctor he blocked me, then unblocked me, blocked me, did you want to see a picture of my breasts? well this guy in the military unblocked me so am I engaged to the doctor's friend? Did I mention I have spectacular cleavage?

That's the kind of thread I like
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    So this guy, he's a doctor, oh did I mention I have enormous breasts? Ok ya so this doctor he blocked me, then unblocked me, blocked me, did you want to see a picture of my breasts? well this guy in the military unblocked me so am I engaged to the doctor's friend? Did I mention I have spectacular cleavage?

That's the kind of thread I like

But she was real and we are mean.

Well duh...we didn't ask to see more pics
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    All kinds of Threads get my attention for different reasons. My response to something is directly related to the Poster's sincerity.

A subject can be dumb or naive, but if I sense that the person is sincere, I off sincere advise. If I have any,

If they are obviously seeking attention, I can give that too. Good or bad.

If the subject offends me or is deliberately seeking confrontation, I can respond to that as well.

Mostly, though, I am just at work, waiting for a report to finish running.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Anything that is about food/nutrition/motivation/weight loss etc. Pretty much the reason we're all here. I avoid posts with thousands of replies on them like the plague. Person above threads are stupid and annoying - main reason being you see all the time people posting for help or motivation on a relevant topic and they'll get no response, but a "would you $*%^#& the person above" gets thousands of responses. It's juvenile and insulting.

Like this ... seriously, what is wrong with you people?
    ertb9mp3t9er.jpg

This right here... Ditto!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    What makes a good thread? What makes a bad thread? What catches your eye?

Good/eye catching-
    Something relevant or interesting to me- cooking, meal planning, frugality, education, books, anime, movies, nostalgia, relationships
    Descriptive title
    Clear op with enough information or an actual question to discuss

Bad-
    All caps, lots of spelling errors or using the wrong word
    Text speak on a message board
    OP or their defender has harsh or snotty attitude toward others
    heavy sarcasm all around
    OP assumes we all have read and remembered their posts
    Trying to use the message board as a blog
    OP asks for advice/opinions but really just wants people to agree with them and gets mad when they don't
    OP saying I'm bored, what are you doing right now and then not engaging people who respond
    flirty threads or threads that are mainly food/cat pictures- not interesting to me personally
    too long or too old- I don't want to read a massive wall of text in one post. I'm probably not going to start reading a thread from 2014 or one with pages of posts
    Xyz food is evil, calories are not real
    "Give me a full workout and diet plan"
    Op posts "you are all so mean "
    "I'm a 19 year old expert"

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    The breastfeeding ones are always good
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    any that don't say I need friends/motivation/root canal/etc. Also those that don't say I have the bodyfat of a famine victim and can't understand why I can't lose the last 3 ounces. It's been 27 minutes.

this literally made me choke on my coffee.