Weight lifting

Options
2»

Replies

• quintessential1
    quintessential1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The booty pictures look great, however I have no problem in that area :) I want to build strength and muscle. I am not as young (56) and I don't want to be one of those people who fall and can't get up.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    The booty pictures look great, however I have no problem in that area :) I want to build strength and muscle. I am not as young (56) and I don't want to be one of those people who fall and can't get up.

56? You're still a baby. ;-) Go on line, find a lifting workout routine you think you'd like and give it a try. Don't stop looking and trying, you'll find one you like and achieves the results you're looking for. I started doing Strong Lifts 5x5 and it morphed a combination of that and http://www.furman.edu/sites/first/Documents/16_oct2324.pdf, together with the rowing machine, coupled with sets of burpees (two minutes rowing 500 meters and then 10 six count burpees, rest one minute and do it again three times) and the treadmill until it's warmer for running outside. I don't like the cold. Body weight routines also work.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    11034914_10153119468659530_2601811962775798194_n.jpg

Ahhh, nothing like speaking in absolutes! So if there are only two types of women in the world: what about the ones that do neither? What about the ones that do both? What about women without legs? What about women with round butt genetics? What about squatters with not-so-round butt genetics? That meme is stupid.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    11034914_10153119468659530_2601811962775798194_n.jpg

meme.jpg
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options

Like @pondee629 said, 'Your still a baby'.
    I started doing nerdfitness and a light weight programme called HasFit (YouTube) when I was 60. About 18 months ago I switched to a lifting programme, AllPro. I'm 63 now. Sure I don't progress as fast as a person 40, or 20 years younger would, or even as fast as someone with more dedication than I have, but I am progressing.

I don't know if you have ever done yoga, but it is a good complement to strength training for us who are slightly older. It helps with flexibility and balance.

Some things to remember.
    Good form is everything, and, heavy lifting is lifting what is heavy for you.

Cheers, h.