Calories

mlilmesh
mlilmesh Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I'm trying to lose 15lbs by calorie counting and workout 30 minutes a day. I did the ideal protein diet for a few months last year and lost 35lbs. For the last 15lbs I would like to try calorie counting. I'm 31 yo, 5'3 and 183lbs. How many calories should I be eating? I'm having a hard time figuring that out. Also look for friends. Feel free to add me! Thank you.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2017
    Put your statistics in MFP - select 1/2 - 1 pound (at most) weekly weight loss. Your activity level here is based on your job (not on exercise). MFP expects you to log your workouts and eat those calories too. Just me careful as exercise calorie burns are guesstimates. Many people start by eating back 50%......then after awhile adjust this number up or down based on actual results.

A TDEE calculator would be another option. This is your maintenance including exercise. Take away 500 calories for 1 pound a week loss. If you are consistent with exercise this is a good option. Then you wouldn't log workouts because the calories are averaged in there. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Above post covers it pretty well.

I would just like to elaborate that most people want to say they are sedentary, as they have a desk job, but unless you do very little moving around in the day lightly active is more appropriate.