Over 30 years old. HGH or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• LonsyBoy
    LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Dont waste your money on alternatives... Testosterone boosters and anything else claiming to boost such stuff is total advertising bullsh*t! paying $80-$150 for some simple vitamins and weird mixes that wont do anything that it says it will
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Dat hgh gut.
  • dimentia81
    dimentia81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take a supplement that causes the body to naturally product HGH again. It's got the right mix to get the mojo flowing to support muscle growth, recovery, sleep quality, and such. I also know several athletes who use it as well.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    In4 some organ growth.

They said internal, not external. :p
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    dimentia81 wrote: »
    I take a supplement that causes the body to naturally product HGH again. It's got the right mix to get the mojo flowing to support muscle growth, recovery, sleep quality, and such. I also know several athletes who use it as well.

You're wasting your money.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    At 50 I was wondering about my T levels. lol Sorry can't help ya out on the HGH supplements. Not even on my radar of things to ponder.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use a pre-workout . protein,and multivitamins. I do believe supplementation is important once you push your body further than the average person. I work in a pharmacy and can attest as many of you already know that 95% of otc supplements are crap. Got to be careful with your money and your body.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had my T level checked because i wanted so e testosterone to boost me in the gym. Stupid test said im in the 97% for my age. So they wouldnt give it to me.
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    I had my T level checked because i wanted so e testosterone to boost me in the gym. Stupid test said im in the 97% for my age. So they wouldnt give it to me.

I had mine checked last physical just out of curiosity. Normal for my age meaning they are not what they use to be. I'm in Ontario Canada and they don't give scripts out for TRT unless absolutely necessary. We get a lot of American media up here and it seems like TRT for older guys is normal business there? I could be wrong?? So for me I just keep lifting and get the natural hormone boost.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Assuming the test was accurate it wasn't stupid. No need for a younger person to take it if not needed, especially for "the gym". Too many possible side effects.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Why in the world would you be mad for having a normal T level?