how to get beyond the psychological weight barrier?

Options
Hello people,

I feel I have a psychological barrier at a certain number (84 kilos). Whenever I get to this number, I slacken. I have realized the problem, somehow I am not able to overcome it. I was extremely motivated all through February, until I reached this number. Entire March I have been this number.something. I have a mental thing that as long as I am not beyond this number, I am OK.

Any ideas how to break this barrier? Should I just give up weighing myself for some time?

Any suggestions are welcome.

TIA

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest not weighing yourself. I recently went a month without weighing myself as part of Febfast (I'm a daily weigher) and it was surprisingly therapeutic.
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest not weighing yourself. I recently went a month without weighing myself as part of Febfast (I'm a daily weigher) and it was surprisingly therapeutic.

I am a daily weigher too. It has become a part of my routine, so its a little difficult not doing it.

I will give it a try. For a week to begin with.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Maybe put your scale away and use measurements to track progress instead. Also, shake up your routine with new recipes (skinnytaste.com!) and/or exercises.
    The weight itself is irrelevant. Your health and how you feel about yourself are all that really matter!