Calling all Pregnant Girls!!!

Options
Hi all,

I have recently found out I am preggers with baby #3. For the 1st trimester we are supposed to eat our maintenance # for calorie intake and then in the 2nd and 3rd trimester we only need to add 300 calories per day to support baby (of course this is not correct for every body type I realize, but it is the "norm" for those at a healthy weight etc...). With baby #2 I only gained 18lbs, lost 14 in delivery so I wore my regualr clothes home. He was a healthy weight and everything was pretty much perfect. I am hoping to duplicate that, but am worried I am going to pack on the pounds again (1st time preggers I gained 70lbs).

I am planning on continuing to exercise with the guidelines that my doc set for me. I am just curious at what the rest of you beautiful pregnant ladies do. Do you track your exercise and eat cals back? Do you just get 30 min of walking in and leave it at that??

I am looking for support and advice as I go through this journey.

Replies

• chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So, I just found out I am pregnant, too. This will be my fourth. I am at the end of my 6th week so very early on in first trimester. I only walked with my previous pregnancies and each of them I gained 40 to 50 lbs. We had very healthy babies and a typical pregnancy. For the last four years, I have been training in kung fu and am in the best shape of my life and I plan on continuing to train while being mindful. We have only told our kids and my Sifu, haha, so that he trains me appropriately. I am truly hoping that I gain minimally and can bounce back to a good weight more quickly.
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am pregnant with my 1st but I am almost 17 weeks :) You can add me if you want
  • lcyserafim
    Options
    Hi, I am at the end of my 1rst trimester with my 4rth child. I joined because I started this pregnancy 75 lbs overweight. I had always been healthy and in shape until the last 4 years... that is when I gained all that weight. With my first child (16 years ago) I gained 50 lbs but lost the weight immediately afterwards. Of course, I was young, had high energy and a great metabolism.
    With my 2nd child I gained around 50lbs and only lost 20 lbs... Then 6 months later I found out I was pregnant again. After my 3 rd child was born I hardly lost weight and then gained more afterwards.
    My goal is to try and gain only the minimum required for an obese pregnant woman. I think that is between 10- 20 lbs. I've been trying to walk every day and eat healthier. So I think this pregnancy I will be able to meet my goal since I don't have as many obstacles as the last two.
    The last two pregnancies were horrible because I worked over nights. Since last year I have not been sleep deprived anymore. My 3 1/2 year old has been sleeping through the night since then and I have not been working overnights for 2 years now.... So I am hoping that the added rest, eating healthy, and exercising daily will help me stay within the recommended weight gain. After this baby I am definitely going to bust my butt with work outs so I can get down to my goal weight again. ( Hopefully this baby won't be colicky like my 2nd child was. )
    I have been meeting with a zen meditation group every week and try meditating every day. That feels almost as good as eating a chocolate bar. I love meditating and relaxing. Peace to you all and my best wishes to you on meeting your goal and living healthy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have recently found out I am preggers with baby #3. For the 1st trimester we are supposed to eat our maintenance # for calorie intake and then in the 2nd and 3rd trimester we only need to add 300 calories per day to support baby (of course this is not correct for every body type I realize, but it is the "norm" for those at a healthy weight etc...). With baby #2 I only gained 18lbs, lost 14 in delivery so I wore my regualr clothes home. He was a healthy weight and everything was pretty much perfect. I am hoping to duplicate that, but am worried I am going to pack on the pounds again (1st time preggers I gained 70lbs).

I am planning on continuing to exercise with the guidelines that my doc set for me. I am just curious at what the rest of you beautiful pregnant ladies do. Do you track your exercise and eat cals back? Do you just get 30 min of walking in and leave it at that??

I am looking for support and advice as I go through this journey.

do what you did with baby number 2 and it should be fine!
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am at the end of my 1rst trimester with my 4rth child. I joined because I started this pregnancy 75 lbs overweight. I had always been healthy and in shape until the last 4 years... that is when I gained all that weight. With my first child (16 years ago) I gained 50 lbs but lost the weight immediately afterwards. Of course, I was young, had high energy and a great metabolism.
    With my 2nd child I gained around 50lbs and only lost 20 lbs... Then 6 months later I found out I was pregnant again. After my 3 rd child was born I hardly lost weight and then gained more afterwards.
    My goal is to try and gain only the minimum required for an obese pregnant woman. I think that is between 10- 20 lbs. I've been trying to walk every day and eat healthier. So I think this pregnancy I will be able to meet my goal since I don't have as many obstacles as the last two.
    The last two pregnancies were horrible because I worked over nights. Since last year I have not been sleep deprived anymore. My 3 1/2 year old has been sleeping through the night since then and I have not been working overnights for 2 years now.... So I am hoping that the added rest, eating healthy, and exercising daily will help me stay within the recommended weight gain. After this baby I am definitely going to bust my butt with work outs so I can get down to my goal weight again. ( Hopefully this baby won't be colicky like my 2nd child was. )
    I have been meeting with a zen meditation group every week and try meditating every day. That feels almost as good as eating a chocolate bar. I love meditating and relaxing. Peace to you all and my best wishes to you on meeting your goal and living healthy.

Thanks for sharing your story!! I meditate everyday!! It has changed my life for sure!
  • kittenmcgowan
    kittenmcgowan Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant with my first, and I'm very overweight... I need to lose at LEAST 35kg to be even close to a healthy weight. My goal is to be fit enough to give birth safely, and for my baby to be healthy. I want to make sure I'm not stressing my baby by undereating or cheating both of us by overeating. Any idea what kind of calorie intake I should be having?
    Thanks
    Kat
    PS feel free to add me
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just found out I'm pregnant with my first and I am so TIRED! All of you guys talking about keeping active - I love it, but just reading it makes me want to take a nap! I was pretty active before....6-7 days per week then about 2 months before I dwindled to 2-3 days/week. Now I'm lucky if I get in once/week. I went to body pump two Fridays ago and was soooooo drained after. I don't know what to do. I tend to push myself too hard when I workout, which is great most of the time, just not now...obviously. I need to learn to take it easy!
  • RashaePree
    RashaePree Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant (baby #4) and joined MFP to try and keep track of my food and to start getting into the habit of eating healthier. I have a plan to do a light workout at least once a week since it's supposed to help with an easy delivery (not that my previous ones were hard). Also, just the last couple weeks I've been having a lot more energy even though i work nights and get up pretty early (I work 4:30pm-3am 4 days a week).
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Just discovered I am pregnant. Plan to just maintain mostly.
    You can add me if you'd like.