After 7pm Snack Suggestions

I am on a low carb diet and trying not to eat past 7pm. I typically go to the gym after work and I'm home after 7 or 8pm. Any suggestions on something I can eat when I'm out of the gym?

Replies

• BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Celery and cucumber is my go to.. Low on calories and carbs!! :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    how many calories do you have?
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cooked jumbo shrimp (no breading) with homemade cocktail sauce (horseradish and a bit of ketchup). I can have 10 jumbo shrimp for less than 200 calories total. About 2g carbs total.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Cooked jumbo shrimp (no breading) with homemade cocktail sauce (horseradish and a bit of ketchup). I can have 10 jumbo shrimp for less than 200 calories total. About 2g carbs total.

I never thought of that for a snack, smart man!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    I have ginger tea in the evening. It doesn't go with biscuits or chocolate so it keeps my snacking to a minimum.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,730 Member
    When do you eat dinner?

Low carb snacks I used to eat include meat rollups, cheese, hard boiled eggs, salad, raw vegetables.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    my new favorite is that fiber one brownie. it is so darned delicious! 90 calories.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Beef jerky, if you don't mind the sodium. Relatively low in calories and fat, high in protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Anything you would normally eat before 7 PM.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Late at night I prefer something I can munch on over some time (like if I'm watching a movie). It satisfies my late-night munchies while limiting the calories. For me this includes: air-popped popcorn, edamame (in shells so it takes longer to eat), and the one-serving bags of trail mix from Trader Joes.
  • brxtt
    brxtt Posts: 23 Member
    hardboiled egg, meat/cheese roll up. the little babybell rounds. beef jerky.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Id be having dinner when I got home....

Why is 7pm a magical time? Eat whatever you like as long as it's fitting in your calorie goal
  • Sls2bhealthy
    Sls2bhealthy Posts: 15 Member
    Hard boiled egg
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    my new favorite is that fiber one brownie. it is so darned delicious! 90 calories.

These are amazing
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    edited March 2017
    Food wont magically turn to fat because you eat it at night, unless of course it goes over your maintenance.
    However I try to avoid drinking too much within a few hours of going to bed because Ill have to get up and pee every.single.time. =P
    Kinda sucks because Im normally not thirsty until the end of the day, so Im probably perpetually on the dry side. (I can go hours and hours without a sip of anything and not notice.)