Can you count 'bedroom time' as exercise....?

Options
Half serious / half not question here...

But I was wondering, I've heard / read many times that it's one of the best forms of exercise, but can it be added as a form of exercise on MFP?

Obviously, there are lots of potential variants, but I was just curious...

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If only I knew how many calories an orgasm burned.... *sigh*
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would count them as bonus calories,,,
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I suppose it is going to come down to the question of "is it part of your regular activities or is it a more occasional thing?" If it's regular activity (as grocery shopping or cleaning might be - happens maybe not daily but certainly often) then no I wouldn't think so. If it's more occasional, then 1) I feel sorry for you, 2) I feel sorry for your spouse/partner/whatever, and 3) sure why not count it.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking about how many calories you are burning during or even after sex, the sex can't be that great, in my opinion. :wink:
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I only count it if it's a 'marathon' session where it's extremely active for at least 20 minutes, and there's lots of sweat and sore muscles afterwards.

I'm not sure if there's actually a category for the specific activity in MFP, but you can always include it as a custom cardio activity

:drinker:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I wear my bodymedia fit day and night.... I burn more calories doing the dishes than I do during 30 minutes of "bedroom time"... and How would you log that anyway?? Sexual intercourse- moderate effort ????
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I suppose it is going to come down to the question of "is it part of your regular activities or is it a more occasional thing?" If it's regular activity (as grocery shopping or cleaning might be - happens maybe not daily but certainly often) then no I wouldn't think so. If it's more occasional, then 1) I feel sorry for you, 2) I feel sorry for your spouse/partner/whatever, and 3) sure why not count it.

I would have said the other way round, personally, for example if I regularly run a mile a day on the treadmill then I'd log it, so why only record anything else if it's not a regular thing?

Lauren3101 ... I'm sat at my desk and the thought just popped into my head, I haven't just climbed off the bed and rushed to the keyboard don't worry! ;)
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wear my bodymedia fit day and night.... I burn more calories doing the dishes than I do during 30 minutes of "bedroom time"... and How would you log that anyway?? Sexual intercourse- moderate effort ????

I'm not sure, and I'm not even sure I'd attempt to log it if you could. But (dependant on how it's done) it can be great exercise.

How many dishes were you washing? lol.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    depends on how "active" you are :bigsmile:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

I would have said the other way round, personally, for example if I regularly run a mile a day on the treadmill then I'd log it, so why only record anything else if it's not a regular thing?

Lauren3101 ... I'm sat at my desk and the thought just popped into my head, I haven't just climbed off the bed and rushed to the keyboard don't worry! ;)

Haha, one of my friends logs it (as 'sex'), about 3 times a week. She's an actual real-life friend so it's a little disconcerting to know when she and her husband have had sex and how long for. :laugh:
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Was it a vigorous effort?

Did you sweat?

Are your legs sore?

The answer is still No. It's like cleaning your house- you don't count burning calories for things you do every. Or should be doing :wink:
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

LOL ... literally ... people at work asked me if everything was OK. Moderate effort ..... hahahahaha .... still laughing :laugh: :laugh:

Go for a walk with your partner before or after ... log that
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    How would you log that anyway?? Sexual intercourse- moderate effort ????

Oh my goodness, that made me :laugh: !!!
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have my bodymedia on all the time, so yeah it logs it. :laugh: Don't even gotta think about it.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    When I first came here I would see booty time listed as calories burned for different people. For a couple of weeks there I thought they were all talking about sex. I was thinking, ok, but TMI. Do I really need to know you burned 250 calories in 60 minutes doing this. I had never heard of Shaun T or is booty time workouts.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Lol this is the biggest joke. I'm a man, and we really do most (not all, chill) of the heavy lifting in bed (see what I did there? ;) ) and even I wouldn't count it as exercise. I think when people say it's the "best exercise" they are just talking.

I mean, it is activity, but everybody does it and it's not creating strong, fit people all around the world. Even the most taxing activities are only equivalent to maybe a good set of serious crunches or squats.

Basically, no, sex is not sufficient exercise even if you do move your hips and tense/relax a lot, and I would just consider it bonus calories. Logging it would be a little rediculous.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    skip the lingerie and just wear your HRM. much sexier. plus then you get an accurate count of calories burned.
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump. just because.. LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Lol this is the biggest joke. I'm a man, and we really do most (not all, chill) of the heavy lifting in bed (see what I did there? ;) )

you need a new girlfriend/boyfriend
  • Ravenous4Captain
    Ravenous4Captain Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Lol. :laugh: