Squats twice a week?

Options
Squats twice a week, one day strength the second day hypertrophy.
First leg session quad dominant the other hamstring dominant.

Replies

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I do squats Monday and Friday, so that gives me 2 days and 3 days rest. Twice a week works for me, but make sure your muscles are recovering. This article gives you some things to consider to optimize muscle growth/recoup etc. https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/recuperation-and-muscular-growth.html
  • Zengrizzly
    Zengrizzly Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    5 x 5 squats M,W, F
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Squats twice a week, one day strength the second day hypertrophy.
    First leg session quad dominant the other hamstring dominant.

Wait, so your first day is a strength day, but it's also quad day? Your second is hypertrophy and hamstring? That seems slightly unbalanced. Do you follow a program? You seem like you would benefit more from following a program rather than making up your own based on most of the threads of yours I have seen.

I do legs twice per week. One is max effort and one is hypertrophy. I also have a hamstring focus and a quad focus, but one week is hamstring focused and the next is quad focused.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I squat 2x's a week and bench 2x's a week. I only deadlift once a week because deadlift day is too hellish to do more than once a week.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i'm doing somethign like that atm, but for different reasons. i'm on wendler 5/3/1 which only requires you to do each lift once a week, theoretically. my brain forgets how they're done if i leave it that long so i do an extra session as well using much much lighter weight and high reps.