Vegetarian looking for high protein ideas

Options
Hi
I have recently decided to go back to being vegetarian ( after years of trying to achieve a high protein diet with meat !!!!) I am really struggling to know how to raise my protein on my macros, is there anyone out there who would like to discuss and share ideas?

Replies

• SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    Tempeh, tofu, soya beans, cheese, yogurt, eggs, nuts, protein shakes, protein bars, etc.
  • sabrinastarmfp
    sabrinastarmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has a ton of protein and right now I'm doing 2+ gold standard whey protein shakes a day, each has 24g protein. That and egg whites are my biggest protein foods! It's nearly impossible to get it all from veggies without consuming a ton of carbs.
  • cshell918
    cshell918 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese which helps with my protein! I'm a pretty picker eater that doesn't like eggs and I really don't like protein shakes/bars. I'm never quite meet my protein goals, but the cottage cheese helps.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Define high-protein? I have some recipes I've put into the builder. If you tell me how many grams you're shooting for, I can see what I have. (Note that if you're simultaneously shooting for low-carb/low-fat, that'll narrow it more.)