I need help.

I have been eating healthy (for the most part lol) and exercising every day for around 15-30 minutes. I have lost no weight. Nothing. (my diary is not that filled, I don't use it much but I have been eating fruits, some meats (not much, if any it would be chicken) breads, pastas, vegetables and sometimes sweets (usually small))

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    The first step in troubleshooting would be to log everything that has calories, including drinks and condiments. "Eating healthy" won't lead to weight loss if you are consuming more calories than your body is using.

This flowchart has some good advice:

nc0hay85bu8q.jpg
  • sophie20032014
    sophie20032014 Posts: 6 Member
    thank you, i have been eating around 1,200-1,400 calories on most day, and when i exceeds what i make sure i lose around 300-400 (averaging heart rate monitor and what the machine says)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The only step you are missing is the weighing and logging. I am sure you will start losing when you do that.
  • sophie20032014
    sophie20032014 Posts: 6 Member
    i don't do much logging on here, i usually use the fitbit app. i sometimes also manually do it myself.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2017
    i don't do much logging on here, i usually use the fitbit app. i sometimes also manually do it myself.
    If you want us to try to help you troubleshoot, consolidate your logging here so that you have a complete record of your intake for at least a month or so that we can look through your food log for potential issues.
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    A pound of fat is 3500 calories of energy so to lose one pound of fat you need to force your body to turn to its fat reserves and use 3500 calories.

If you cut 500 calories daily from your maintenance calories weekly or increase your activity by 500 calories daily you will lose 1 lb per week.

If you eat 1200-1400 calories daily for a month (weight loss is not linear so you'll need to maintain that calorie amount for at least a month) and you don't lose or gain weight then you can safely assume your eating at your maintenance. Then your best bet would be to continue to eat the same amount, but increase your activity in order to see fat loss.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    It doesn't work unless you log everything, you cant guess at these things. Start logging and then see where it takes you.