I NEED OF TIPS!

Options
Hi, my fitness companions!
I was wondering what is the best quality shoe for running, and for flat feet?? I find myself in pain after a light jogg usually my ankles and at the ball of my foot.
Needing some nutrious recipes or even websites for low calorie intake. I have a little over a month to lose 10-15lb
And also needing some motivated buddies who can not only help me lose weight but to build muscle. Ready to get in shape!! Feel free to add me B)

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    It's best to go to a running store and get fitted. You can run into injury issues with ill fitting running shoes
  • aliyahlow2
    aliyahlow2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Chef_Barbell. I totally forgot about that. Thank you!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Our stores in the UK have tread mills you run on which then pick out the best shoes for you.
  • aliyahlow2
    aliyahlow2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I dont know how they do it the US. hopefully that way. to get 100% accuracy
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Our stores in the UK have tread mills you run on which then pick out the best shoes for you.

This store here in NYC has that as well.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've been to stores in Chicago that have treadmills and some have a track or you go outside and the watch you run.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    In Toronto, Canada, I go into Running Room. I have flat feet and most of my fitness activity comes from long walks. I've been wearing Saucony Redeemers, but I think I'm going to ask someone at Running Room if those are still suitable for the exercise I do on a glider/skier. Lately, I've been noticing that my toes go a little numb halfway through the workout and I'm wondering if a different shoe might help. (It might not. I've got circulation problems, too and this just might be something I'll need to live with. But I'm going to find out.)

I have an open diary, if you'd like to see some of my recipes. (I just plug the ingredients into the builder at MFP, but if there's something that catches your eye, let me know and I'll give you more details.)
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Add me Aliyah. I can give u some ideas,
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Update: Yep, the Redeemers are still the best shoes for me!