What event or date is motivating you right now?

Options

Replies

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 in November, so I want to be at a normal weight by then. I've lost 28 pounds this year ( I started logging in MFP late) and I want to lose 50 by 50!
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Turning 50 on Thursday. Huge wake up call. I'm going on a cruise in May and just want to be comfortable in my bathing suit. Wish I had started sooner!!!! :(
  • clyn90
    clyn90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a wedding to attend in June and I will be in one in August. My big motivator right now tho is I need a new bathing suit and I would like to go shopping for that in about 6 weeks (upstate new York no need for it sooner lol) and I would love to look and feel good in a 2 piece
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Cycling season is fast approaching, and I'm not at a good riding weight.
  • FitNovelist
    FitNovelist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband left for a job in California last week (it's a yearlong fellowship, so we'll be doing long distance for that year). Our first visit is April 13. I doubt that any weight loss would be visibly noticeable by then, but I'd like to be down a good five pounds or so and have a couple weeks of steady workouts under my belt, to show that I'm off to a strong start (we both have a lot of weight to lose and agreed to each really focus on that during our year of long distance).

More distant, I'm turning 32 in July - that's also the halfway point in the year, so I want to know that 2017 is not another year of vowing to change and failing to do so - I want some significant, noticeable weight loss by my birthday.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Cousin's wedding June 17
  • HeyShaunie
    HeyShaunie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Birthday trip to Puerto Rico in August!
  • ChromiumG
    ChromiumG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Starting college in september!
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My son's first birthday: June 5. I don't want to have to buy a new swimsuit to look good in pictures.
  • cbrimer87
    cbrimer87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bonnaroo Music Festival June 8-11! Every year I only want to wear bikinis, tank tops and shorts because it is so hot and I want to feel comfy in them and take fun photos!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't this year. It's weird because usually there's a beach vacation where I know I'll be in a bathing suit but I decided to take this year off from traveling.

I do have goals though. I have been seeing some great results the past several months which motivates me to continue on my journey. I crave bettering myself in the gym and reading about nutrition, it's interesting to me. So, while I don't have a particular date in mind. I do have goals and I'm striving for them.

Have fun on your Disney vacation (I haven't been to Disney since I was about 8 yrs old!)
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just every day...but I have broken my goals up around a dream trip we are taking with the kids to Italy for Spring Break. So everything is in a 'pre-Italy' or 'post-Italy' state.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My OH proposed on Friday night. We're having a simple wedding in October. Not sure it specifically motivates me, but another 5kg or so would be good :)
  • elizabethhilbert
    elizabethhilbert Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A family wedding on May 20th!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Booked a cycling holiday in July and I want to be fitter and have less weight to pull up the scary hills in the Welsh borders!
  • owensbell
    owensbell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    100 mile mountain bike race in August. Trying to loose 15 lbs before then. It gives me a goal for motivation
  • fajumper
    fajumper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A modeling competition in June.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The rest of my life! :D
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    By the end of, the Summer I wanna go to; a nude beach! Since I still won't be "hot" though I, expect to; be arrested for indecent exposure but at least I'll have, a picture taken this year that; isn't a selfie to eventually post as my avatar! I just hope they'll let, me get a tan 1st prior to; them hauling me to jail! I should, start saving for; my bail!