HELP...STILL not losing weight.

Options
I am so frustrated right now. I have been on here since February and have only lost 5 pounds....2.5 of which have come back on for no apparent reason (seriously....last Wednesday I weighted 136 (had been holding that weight for 2 weeks) and then yesterday and today 138.5 . I have done NOTHING different in my diet except for Saturday and I was still within my maintainance calories) I weigh myself every day and was holding steady at the same weight for over 2 weeks.

I don't know what to do anymore. I do the 30 Day Shred 5 days a week, and walk 3 miles 5-6 days a week on top of it. I've cut way down on sodium, and am watching my carbs ( no white breads usually...mostly whole grains) I know I could use more vegetables, but until pay day comes, I have to make due with whats in the fridge right now.

Could someone please look at my food diary and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Yesterday I know I was under on calories. I was in class from 7am-11am and then my job from 11:30 - 9pm with only 2 10 minute breaks...and I don't eat past 8. My calories are low but I tried to make it healthy...

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    With that amount of exercise and being so close of your goal, you need to eat more - 1400-1500 calories / daily. The closer you are to your goal, the slower the weight will come off. At this point, maybe focus more on measurements and how clothing fits vs. weight.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I agree with Barney. 838 calories is not enough with all that you're doing. With your goal calories just being 1200, I would definitely try to eat that many each day.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I usually do meet 1200 per day....the past 2 days were bad (900 ) since i had class and work all day and hardly had time to eat much of anything with the few minutes in between and on breaks.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough at all.....You seem like you are pretty close to your goal....weighing in at 138......You need to increase you daily goal to atleast 1400 calories and then after that eat some of your workout calories as well.

Your body is holding on to the little food it is getting, hence the reason you arent losing any weight....You workout alot also.....you are probably burning well close to a 1000 calories per day, with all the workout you are doing....You need alot more food to fuel the body

I know noone wants to hear "eat more" but give it a shot...you have not any weight in months, surely it cant hurt to try something different

You need alot more calories that you are taking in

I really hope you take our advice, because what you are doing now, doesnt seem all that healthy and safe

Goodluck
  • PoisonSugar
    Options
    It all boils down to... Calories in v. Calories out. Perhaps you didn't expend as many calories as your body is used to? Menses can also affect weight and water distribution.
  • AKosky585
    Options
    You are not eating enough at all.....You seem like you are pretty close to your goal....weighing in at 138......You need to increase you daily goal to atleast 1400 calories and then after that eat some of your workout calories as well.

Your body is holding on to the little food it is getting, hence the reason you arent losing any weight....You workout alot also.....you are probably burning well close to a 1000 calories per day, with all the workout you are doing....You need alot more food to fuel the body

I know noone wants to hear "eat more" but give it a shot...you have not any weight in months, surely it cant hurt to try something different

You need alot more calories that you are taking in

I really hope you take our advice, because what you are doing now, doesnt seem all that healthy and safe

Goodluck

This is where I am confused...I thought the less you way, the less calories you need. If I am that close to my goal, shouldn't 1200 be enough? I am so afraid that I will gain a bunch of weight if I go any higher...beings I haven't lost anthing since February (when I was only having 800/day every day) When I joined MFP I upped to 1200 and have not lost a thing since.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Actually, the less you have to LOSE the less you should restrict your calories. Someone with 100 pounds to lose should probably start out aiming to eat around 1200 and someone with 10 pounds to lose shouldn't go that low. I have about 20 pounds to lose and used to have my calories set at 1200. It wasn't working. I now have it set at 1450, and I lose consistently. I agree that you need to eat more. Since you said you weigh yourself everyday (which I wouldn't recommend!) you *might* see the scale go up for a few days when you increase your calories... please don't let that mean "Oh my goodness I gained... this isn't working!" It may take some time (maybe a week or two or so) for the calorie increase to translate to weight loss, but I am very confident that it will work! :flowerforyou:
  • fromPuertoRico
    Options
    this topic is very interesting.

I get confused why some ppl dont loose weight at 1200 calories but they do at 1400 (for example).

=(
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Because your body has to be very sure that enough fuel (food) is being ingested before it will release it's fat stores. If you have a lot of extra fat, your body won't be as particular about how much is coming in, because there is a lot stored. If you have less to lose, your body (that marvelous machine that keeps us alive) will do everything in it's power to preserve it's fat stores if you aren't eating enough....including slow down your organs and metabolism (fat burning).
  • AKosky585
    Options
    I just changed my goals to lose 1 pound per week instead of 2 and took MFP Recommendation goals instead of customizing them. It now has me set for 1450 instead of 1200. I still have at least 450 calories to eat to reach this and it is 8:30pm....might not get there today but I will definitely make sure to have a bigger breakfast tomorrow to make sure I get there. Here's hoping I don't gain now...