First time Hello Out There! Ketogenic Diet!

Options
Hello everyone! I have lost about 7 pounds over a couple of weeks. My goal is to get ripped more than just lose weight.

I use this app to keep track of my foods. I bought some Atkins foods and started trying to control my carbs, then I found out about the Ketogenic diet, and being in a state of Ketosis. Basically, your body can run on carbs or fat to produce energy, but it always burns carbs before fat. That's why we store fat, and become over weight. Keep your carbs under 30 a day for two weeks and I guarantee you that you will drop weight!! You can also buy ketosis testing strips for about $6 to verify that you are in ketosis. I love eating the foods too, it's just about getting your 2000 calories a day as 5% carbs, 25% Protein, and 70% fats. Since I'm working out I'm doing a little more protein (45%) in hopes I'll burn my fat stores more then any muscle. I was 237.2 pounds, now at 230.8. I want to be at 185, and ripped: Just totally shredded at about 6% to 8% body fat like was when I was 18. I was a football player and ran track and I was 180 pounds at that age.

I'm also working out twice a day, light cardio and yoga or weights. I'm 40, divorced, a business man, a gamer, and techie. I love all things Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and I'm into sci-fi/fantasy.

Good luck to everyone on here! Friend me or sub me or however it works and I'll do the same for you! Encourage y'all!

- Jason
PEACE! /drops the mic.....

Replies