Stretch challenge

Options
oliviaguerrero01
oliviaguerrero01 Posts: 35 Member
Hey does anyone want to start a stretch g challenge April 1st? I really want to focus on getting more flexible and I know it will be a lot more fun if we do it as a group! :)

Replies

• Ally_Fitness87
    Ally_Fitness87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could definitely do with some more stretching. I sit at a desk most of the day and find my back really hurts by the end of the week.

How would you track them and what's the daily activity or goal? :smile:
  • DomMac92
    DomMac92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd certainly be up for that! Sounds ace!
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    I could definitely do with some more stretching. I sit at a desk most of the day and find my back really hurts by the end of the week.

I found some charts that I would base it off of that I'm planning on meshing together to make my own. It will be to do certain movements for like a minute a day and ti see the progress you can make. I'll definitely send you them a little later today :)
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    DomMac92 wrote: »

Okay great! I'll send you a rough version of the chart I was thinking. :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Yes please. I am hurting real back, lower back and down my leg. I am not one for stretching, now it is really affecting me. I try and get as much as possible, something I should do every day, before and after walking, but you know how that is.

I also sit at a desk all day.
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Yes please. I am hurting real back, lower back and down my leg. I am not one for stretching, now it is really affecting me. I try and get as much as possible, something I should do every day, before and after walking, but you know how that is.

Okay perfect! Yes exactly why I want to do a challenge like this is because a lot of us have sedentary jobs and I think it would be good to just take 5 minutes to focus on stretching and loosening up tight muscles.
  • SilverSheWolf55
    SilverSheWolf55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey does anyone want to start a stretch g challenge April 1st? I really want to focus on getting more flexible and I know it will be a lot more fun if we do it as a group! :)

Good Morning, I'm game. I've been saying I wanted to start yoga or some kind of stretching routine. As others said, I sit at a desk all day, I NEED this. :)
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options

Good Morning, I'm game. I've been saying I wanted to start yoga or some kind of stretching routine. As others said, I sit at a desk all day, I NEED this. :)

I'm super excited about it, and I know it's going to be great and everyone is going to feel so much more in tune with their body and get moe flexible. I wanted to give you the link to the challenge so you can be prepared for April 1st. Here it is: http://elitesocceracadamey.blogspot.com/2017/03/april-flexibility-challenge.html
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    socajam wrote: »

Here is the link to the challenge so you can be prepared for April 1st! :)http://elitesocceracadamey.blogspot.com/2017/03/april-flexibility-challenge.html
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    DomMac92 wrote: »

Here is the link to the challenge so you can be prepared for April 1st! :)http://elitesocceracadamey.blogspot.com/2017/03/april-flexibility-challenge.html
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options

• jpb6045
    jpb6045 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I could definitely use some stretching. I also sit at a desk most of the day. Neck and shoulders get tight a lot. I try stretching some by going to the copier outside my office which is not far at all.
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    jpb6045 wrote: »
    Yes I could definitely use some stretching. I also sit at a desk most of the day. Neck and shoulders get tight a lot. I try stretching some by going to the copier outside my office which is not far at all.

Yes, please join! Here is the link for the challenge :)http://elitesocceracadamey.blogspot.com/2017/03/april-flexibility-challenge.html?m=1
  • trevyce
    trevyce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested as well I have a lot of muscle inflammation and stretching would help
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    trevyce wrote: »
    I'd be interested as well I have a lot of muscle inflammation and stretching would help

Great! Here is the link to the challenge: http://elitesocceracadamey.blogspot.com/2017/03/april-flexibility-challenge.html?m=1
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have printed them ready to use each morning or night. Was going to do them at work but realized my dress clothes won't be great for mobility, har har
  • achampa23
    achampa23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm interested!
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    I'm in. I have printed them ready to use each morning or night. Was going to do them at work but realized my dress clothes won't be great for mobility, har har

Im glad you're in! Hopefully you can still do it :)
  • oliviaguerrero01
    Options
    achampa23 wrote: »
    I'm interested!

Great! Here is the link to the challenge: http://elitesocceracadamey.blogspot.com/2017/03/april-flexibility-challenge.html?m=1
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late seeing this, but would love to join. I've been sidelined from training for the last 5 weeks due to labrum tears in both shoulders and extreme arthritis in my right hip. Stretching would be right up my alley.
    How should we be accountable? Logging on this feed daily or is there another place established?