I've met somebody!

Options
RooBug88
RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
So, I finally (5 years after ending a severely abusive relationship that left me permanently disabled) have found a person I can really connect with. He cares for me just the way I am now, but as usual, the instant he showed interest was the instant I became suspicious. Who would want someone who looks like ME?! But that's not the right mindset. That's not how he sees me and it's not how I want to see myself. I need help and motivation to get my weight back on track, not just for the physical part because I have a new love interest, but because he inspires me to be a better version of myself and part of that means taking control of my weight and my health once and for all. I could use lots of support, motivation, and gentle (but firm) reminders to get up and move, as well as stay on track with my caloric intake. Any and all advice is welcome, as are all friend requests. I'm not on Facebook anymore for personal reasons, so this is my only source of social media and it can be hard to find your place in an online community like this. So please, consider adding me as a friend and sending me some positive vibes as I begin yet again (but hopefully for the final time) my movement towards total health.

Thanks!

Replies

• rhysglover
    rhysglover Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome to hear! ❤️ you've hit the nail right on the head. Definitely not the right mindset to have, and just remember you're just as much of a valid person as he is. I'm sure you've heard this all before, but Your disability doesn't define you, it's just an aspect of life. I'll add you as a friend now. I could use some motivation too and this sounds exactly the right source ✌️