The hardest stage/part

Options
2»

Replies

• kittycat1116
    kittycat1116 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My hardest thing was figuring out what I needed. By examining my dairy on days in which I ate too much, I realized that a common thread was that I had skipped breakfast. For whatever reason, I skipped breakfast on some weekends and every single time I lost control later that day. When I was happy to weigh 270+, this didn't matter. When I wanted to lose weight, this became a problem that I had to solve. I started eating breakfast every day whether I wanted it or not. That helped. I'm down 95 lb in 14 months.

Congrats! That's amazing! I have over 100 to lose and just starting out on my journey. I already miss being able to sit and eat whatever I want and not care, but I know that I need to be a healthier person, I just want to feel better.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    For me the first couple of weeks was hard just getting used to eating less food. I still eat lots of sweet things. I do try to get most of my sugar from fruits, but I have not eliminated anything. If I really want something I make it fit. I do find that logging things before I eat then helps. Most of the time when I see how many calories something has I am less likely to want to "spend" my calories on a candy bar or cake when I can eat maybe some Greek yogurt that will satisfy my sweet tooth and help me reach my protien goal. I also try not to snack. It is easier for me to work in a treat as a dessert at the end of a meal when I am not really hungry. If I eat a good amount of protien at my meals I don't really need snacks during the day.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Plateaus.... i'm going on 4 weeks of no loss. and mentally i know i'm doing the right things my diet has been consistent (even on days when I don't take the time to log everything) my exercise has been going really well. I can tell I'm stronger but mentally that number not moving is starting to psych me out.

I know there are other measurements of progress and I look at those as well but it would still be nice if it would just move a little bit.
  • titotito48
    titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @maybe1pe I lost 8 pounds and then nothing for 21 days. I looked online for ways to get the scale to go down and did three things. 1. Increased my water. 2. Cut way back on sodium. 3. Made sure to stay below my calorie allotment. Finally lost another 1.6
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @titotito48 Thanks. I have tried everything. I already drink as much was as physically possible. I average my calories over the week and am always under my weekly. And unfortunately I can't cut back on sodium because I get severe leg cramps if I do. I have also tried doing refeed days (since I lift) because some people suggest that can help your body release water, but that hasn't worked either. I've tried high carb days, higher sodium days, literally everything that people suggest when you get stuck like this and nothing has changed. My weight has been the exact same every day for the past month.

I've resigned myself to believe it will happen when it happens.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful not to "get" hungry. If I get hungry, I tend to overeat.
  • kittycat1116
    kittycat1116 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @Rivers2k I like what you shared about this being like an addiction, as eating for me feels like just that. Very insightful!
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Plateau!! Especially when you'e had a "great week" in terms of work out/food and you see nothing in return and just want to say screw it and eat all the things!!
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    @Rivers2k I like what you shared about this being like an addiction, as eating for me feels like just that. Very insightful!

Glad I could help. If you truly feel like its an addiction look for a Celebrate Recovery group in your area. They are nationwide and no cost. They say its for people with hurts, habits, and hang ups. Isn't that all of us!?
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Vacations and such. We like to travel and we like to try different foods possibly even more. One of our favorite things about traveling is hitting up all the top restaurants in the area. It's super hard to track that so I often don't track at all when I'm on vacation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!