HCLF

Options
babynew
babynew Posts: 613 Member
Anyone Here Raw,or 80 10 10,or Raw till 4?,or HCLF,Or Fruitarian,or Blender Meals,...??

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just eat what I want and stay within my calorie goal. Through manipulation of that I can either gain weight or cut down to sub 10% body fat. No need to make it more difficult than it needs to be
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    No, not any of those. One of my favorite youtubers did Raw till 4 and she said she liked it better switching to a 60/20/20 HCLF vegan lifestyle because she said the RT4 made her retain too much water weight. As I am not vegan or any of these things I can't tell you from personal experience, but you should look up NaturallyStefanie on youtube. She's a Scottish youtuber and female bodybuilder and I love her.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Nope - none of these would be anything that I would use after the weight is off (again). If you can HCLF for life, good for you.

I agree with @jessef593 - no need to make it more difficult. It ALWAYS comes down to calories.
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    babynew wrote: »
    Anyone Here Raw,or 80 10 10,or Raw till 4?,or HCLF,Or Fruitarian,or Blender Meals,...??

I started out for 3 days. I loved it but it can be pricey trying to find the right fruits. I'm on and off of it, but when I can, it's maybe the first 3 days out the beginning of the week.

Pros: Energy and testosterone spike. I planned to eat tons of fruit, but I noticed that I wasn't as hungry after my first meals. Just keep under the caloric goal and you'll still lose weight. I lost 3 lbs the first 2 days. The carbs were way over, but I guess that's the goal.

Con's: can be costly if you go for organic berries. Started craving cooked foods on the 2nd day. Might get the detox side effects.

Tips: I keep it simple. No fancy raw vegan recipes or meals. I just buy the fruit and eat it. To cut down the cost, I purchase bananas and apples. For morning time, I make a banana strawberry/and berries smoothie with Sun Warrior Raw Vegan protein shake. Add a splash of O.J. instead of water. (optional)

• jordan_bowden
    jordan_bowden Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do HCLF 80/10/10, and rawtill4 when I can afford to! One thing I battle to give up is oatmeal. Nothing beats a hot bowl of oats in winter!
  • jordan_bowden
    jordan_bowden Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    babynew wrote: »

I started out for 3 days. I loved it but it can be pricey trying to find the right fruits. I'm on and off of it, but when I can, it's maybe the first 3 days out the beginning of the week.

Pros: Energy and testosterone spike. I planned to eat tons of fruit, but I noticed that I wasn't as hungry after my first meals. Just keep under the caloric goal and you'll still lose weight. I lost 3 lbs the first 2 days. The carbs were way over, but I guess that's the goal.

Con's: can be costly if you go for organic berries. Started craving cooked foods on the 2nd day. Might get the detox side effects.

Tips: I keep it simple. No fancy raw vegan recipes or meals. I just buy the fruit and eat it. To cut down the cost, I purchase bananas and apples. For morning time, I make a banana strawberry/and berries smoothie with Sun Warrior Raw Vegan protein shake. Add a splash of O.J. instead of water. (optional)

What definitely helps make rawtill4 less costly, is buying frozen fruits, if you can! (For nice cream or smoothies) also, the fruit that is locally grown and currently in season is usually the cheapest.
  • babynew
    Options
    Been doing it for a while and enjoy it for health reasons. The only things I miss are beans currently and have caved a few times and I also miss crunching. I don't have a dehydrator but it's something a
    I May purchase down the road to make crackers,or wraps.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    It's not realistic as a sustainable lifestyle. Even the first major proponents of it, like Freelee and Raw Alignment, have moved away from it. I guess I just don't understand not eating a bowl of warm oatmeal. If it fits within your daily calorie budget, why not?
  • babynew
    Options
    Whatever Works for You..Everyone is Different. .And That's Not a Bad Thing ♡