Chris Powell Turbo Carb Cycling Plan

Options
2»

Replies

• trishavismor
    Options
    My friend and I just started yesterday and we are trying to stick the the every 3 hours to the letter...it can be a challenge, but we're trying to get as close to it as possible.
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have read his book and have started the Turbo Cycle which is going good so far. I find it difficult to eat every three hours especially since I work shift work. I am going to use protein shakes as snacks to get the nutrients I need but not the fat!! Also drinking water throughout the day has curbed my binge eating. I am not so hungry all the time!
  • Kristi_Mitch
    Options
    I bought the book and did this plan awhile ago and it did work, but I'm someone who really struggles with low carb and low energy, so I went back to strictly counting calories. However, I know I do better when I keep my carbs under control so I am going to give this another shot. Plus, I always find it helpful to shake things up a bit. Please feel free to add me if you are looking for support, I can always use a person to help kick my butt in gear too!
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I carb cycled in the past and did well, but I fell off, way, way off! Anyway, I did not buy the book, just used the app but I am seriously considering buying the book. I guess my main question is I read on his blog the following:

“It really is like playing poker with the body,” Chris says. “You don’t want to show your whole hand at once. You’re not going to take someone who’s 500 pounds, feed them 1,600, 1,700 calories a day, and have them working out for three hours a day because over time their body will adapt to that (and stop losing). … We want to make sure the game of poker lasts 365 days.”

I guess the body would adjust?? Well I am 328 as of my last weigh in (starting weight 345) and I want to do this right this time around. Does the book address how many calories one should be eating? Does it break down the carb count for the days we are low carbing vs high carb days?

If so, I will certainly buy the book. But that is the info I am looking for the most. Any help is appreciated.

Oh and feel free to ADD me :) I could use all the motivation and support I can get.
  • SallyPDXer
    SallyPDXer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I carb cycled in the past and did well, but I fell off, way, way off! Anyway, I did not buy the book, just used the app but I am seriously considering buying the book. I guess my main question is I read on his blog the following:

“It really is like playing poker with the body,” Chris says. “You don’t want to show your whole hand at once. You’re not going to take someone who’s 500 pounds, feed them 1,600, 1,700 calories a day, and have them working out for three hours a day because over time their body will adapt to that (and stop losing). … We want to make sure the game of poker lasts 365 days.”

I guess the body would adjust?? Well I am 328 as of my last weigh in (starting weight 345) and I want to do this right this time around. Does the book address how many calories one should be eating? Does it break down the carb count for the days we are low carbing vs high carb days?

If so, I will certainly buy the book. But that is the info I am looking for the most. Any help is appreciated.

Oh and feel free to ADD me :) I could use all the motivation and support I can get.

I read Chris Powell's book. I found it very motivational. It doesn't specifically say how many calories to eat. It gives more of a guideline. He says a woman should eat a minimum of 1200 calories on low carb day and 1500 calories on high carb day with about 2500 calories on reward day. But he also says to go by serving size not calories. You are supposed to use your palm for serving size and as you lose weight your palm will get smaller as will your servings.

I like this plan because it forces me to eat real healthy food often. I am eating way healthier now than when I was just counting calories. And I'm not as hungry! I am in my fourth week which is the slingshot week so I am doing all high carb days this week. I have lost about 7 pounds so far carb cycling.
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am interested in doing this. Is there somewhere on the net to go to get the details or do you have to buy the book? TIA!
  • VirgWithCurves
    VirgWithCurves Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started and my go to breakfast on low carb days is 4 egg whites scrambled with 1 cup chopped red pepper, 1/4 c chopped onion, 1 c baby spinach topped with 1 TB of crumbled Feta (for the fat). I too am struggling with cravings on low carb days, so I chug a ton of water when the cravings kick in. But I'm on week one, so probably not the best source for what to do about the cravings.
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I broke down and bought his book, the first one based on reviews. I can't imagine the second book being much different other than following the same eating plan but on a different time frame. I guess the only thing that I do not understand is how someone ( esp of my size 325 lbs) can manage on 1200/1500 calories a day? He says not to track calories but eat within moderation. So I wonder if I stick to my 2000 calories on high carb days and drop to 1500 calories on low carb days if that will work? I average about 1700 calories daily as it is.

I also just ordered his first weight loss DVD. With October approaching and not having a heated pool, I will no longer be able to use my personal pool so I will have to find an alternative work out method. Contemplating joining the YMCA.

So for those who are currently using this plan, what do you set your calories at? Or do you even track your calories?