Non Egg Breakfast ideas

Options
Jazznit
Jazznit Posts: 27 Member
Hey All,

I do Crossfit in the mornings (5:30-6:20) and am at my desk by 7am.
I have been meal prepping but am struggling with breakfast.
Egg Cups are just not my deal. I make for a few days and the texture always gets weird.

Right now I do Swedish muesli
***unsweetened greek yogurt with fruit and dry oats

But I find I get hit with the hangrys at about 10am.
I've been having a quest bar but that's supposed to only be for after heavy workouts.

Any one have any suggestions of something filling to get me to lunch?

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Here are a few......Flat Out brand Fold It's Flax seed bread, or 1/2 an Ezekiel English muffin with almond butter; turkey and cheese roll ups with hummus, Special K crustless quiche is awesome, EVOL brand egg white, kale and goat cheese sammies.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    check out some videos on youtube - tons of ideas. have you tried different types of cereal either hot or cold, Kodiak cakes or other pancakes already pre-made so you can just microwave, I love English muffins with a turkey sausage etc.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Avocado on toast (I often add tomatoes and feta, or an egg, or bacon, or all of the above).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Protein, fiber and/or fat are filling components.

I do Greek yogurt too with berries (raspberries & blackberries are high fiber) FiberOne cereal, and chopped nuts (for fat). Oat bran might be an option. Full fat yogurt or nut butter would help with the fat content too.

Oatmeal made with milk (for protein) nut butter or chopped nuts. Adding a scoop of protein powder to cooked oats is another idea.
  • FriendsForFamily
    FriendsForFamily Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't try to eat different for breakfast, obviously for your tight morning schedule it works for you.

Be sure you are getting a morning (10 am) snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and evening snack. Doing this will keep your blood sugar level or at least from having huge spikes. It doesn't take much, just a little carb and a little protein.

Good luck!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Why are quest bars supposed to only be after a heavy workout?