Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

REALITY CHECK!

Has anybody else ever played around with the BMR calculator?
I put in my goal weight as if it was my actual weight.
If I were at goal (which is on the high side of "ideal weight") I would need even LESS calories to just exist than the 1220 calorie base line I'm using now for weight loss. (I'm only 5'2" - when I stretch! :ohwell: )
Quite the eye opener! :noway: It really cements the realization that this is a NEW LIFESTYLE not a diet.
All the more reason to make sure it's an eating and exercise program you can sustain. :smile:

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    I want to try that. What BMR calculator did you use?
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    How do you spell BMR?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Yup, my BMR is 1194! I'm short, old and small. Sucks to see people whining about "only" being able to eat 1800 or more calories a day. I average between 1200 and 1500 just to maintain. That isn't even to lose!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    yup mine is 1190 and my TDEE is 1445 :laugh:
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    it's here on the myfitnesspal under apps.

And I just checked my TDEE on fitnessfrog and it's higher than my BMR at 1512
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Yup, my BMR is 1194! I'm short, old and small. Sucks to see people whining about "only" being able to eat 1800 or more calories a day. I average between 1200 and 1500 just to maintain. That isn't even to lose!
    :cry: exactly! And I have no desire or intention to NEVER be able to sit down and rest again like some people I know. :wink:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    it's here on the myfitnesspal under apps.

And I just checked my TDEE on fitnessfrog and it's higher than my BMR at 1512

They don't measure the same thing. BMR is if you were in a coma calories (you know like just to keep your organs functioning) and the TDEE takes into account your activity