Starting a relationship- need friends!

Options
RooBug88
RooBug88 Posts: 55 Member
Hey all---

I just started a relationship with this really great guy. He genuinely seems to care about me and who I am right now and doesn't expect me to lose any weight for him, nor do I really want to lose weight BECAUSE of the relationship, necessarily...but he makes me want to be a better person and part of that has always meant that I needed to get a handle on my eating habits and my lifelong weight problem. I'm not on any other social media (I had to delete my Facebook because it was causing me too much psychological pain) so this is my main source of mass socializing. I'm looking to add friends and motivators who can keep me accountable and can help me get through the first few weeks of this massive lifestyle change while positively impacting my new relationship. Please, send your encouragement and friend requests and they will be met with gratitude and reciprocity!

Replies

• Urtel
    Urtel Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend invite and good luck!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send request ☺
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hello please friend me
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I don't know your really great guy, but he wants you to be a better person--and it sounds like he's generally allowing you to define "better". I could write a list a mile long of the ways my wife has made me a better person, and vice versa, and that concept of "making each other better" is (I think) the cornerstone of a strong relationship.
    I, like you, have also unplugged from Facebook. Too much noise. MFP is the closest thing to social media I actively use.

I'm sending a friend invite.
  • lemonchatta
    lemonchatta Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been in that type of relationship for 7 years and recently married. It's great because that person will support you in any way you decide to live your life.
    I'm sending a friend invite.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I was 108kg when I met my OH. I'm 85 now. It's actually really liberating to remember he loved me first when I was fat, and he does not judge me by my weight. I know he appreciates the new sexier me, but it is not why he is with me. Just be kind to yourself, eat well and be happy.