Fitting good/easy food in around work

Options
Hi all, I'm a new member and also a new vegetarian (8 months). I work in an office environment which is pretty fast paced and often find it hard to even squeeze in a meal time, let alone take a proper break and maybe go for a walk.

I know part of it is to really commit to blocking out the time. I'm just wondering if others have strategies or easy food ideas for things I can eat on the go or that don't require reheating.

Trying to keep it as simple as a sandwich so I can eat and run but feel like i'm not doing well enough for my lunch time meals.

Thanks,
Ally

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If I'm short on time, I make snack boxes I can pick at... Vegie sticks, dips, hb eggs or chicken strips or small meatballs, crackers, nuts, fruit,cheese etc
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I eat quark (basically a kind of greek yogurt) with berries (and sometimes granola) every day. I also eat cottage cheese, sometimes plain and sometimes with apple or tomato mixed in, every day. They're not exactly on-the-run kinds of foods, but they don't need to be heated. I think they're really filling too.
  • Ally_Fitness87
    Ally_Fitness87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They're both really great ideas! Thanks so much. I think the yoghurt and Granola would work really well caus I can eat that on and off through the day whenever I can grab a moment.

Livingleanlivingclean, I'll definitely try the snack boxes too. Chopped up fruit is a favourite of mine but i should try a bigger variety to make sure I'm covering the food groups.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have hummus and baby carrots waiting for me in the office fridge right now. I also like bell pepper and cottage cheese. Peanut butter and yogurt dip with apple slices is good too. I like having something crunchy to keep me away from the chips and some protein to keep me feeling full.
  • chocochip13
    chocochip13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll cook oats before work then pop it into a container. In a different container I'll cut up any fruit I have in the house. Oranges, apples, nectarines, banana, pears, dates.... Sometimes I'lll sprinkle unsweetened dried coconut nibs as well. Combine in one big bowl, and eat! :)