Halo Top Ice Cream

Options
I count calories and thought the oatmeal cookie flavor was delicious! However, I have concerns as some are saying you're better to have regular ice cream in moderation as opposed to halo top? They're saying it has sugar alcohols in it. Anyone have thoughts? If you do enjoy it, what's your fave flavor!?

Replies

• Phattest84
    Phattest84 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like it but it doesn't satisfy me like traditional ice cream. I feel like it's full of air or something. Also when I open the tub it always looks half full?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you like it, eat it. Why does it matter what some other people say?

"They" would be correct about the sugar alcohols.... But, so? If you have an issue with sugar alcohols avoid it...
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I bought some yesterday for the first time. Oddly disappointed the peanut butter cup tasted like just peanut butter not chocolate peanut butter. It is expensive but i can see keeping it as a treat food.
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just eat it if I want it. Plus, I'm a major fan of Halo Top and I love all of the flavors! My favorites would probably be strawberry, chocolate, or red velvet.
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mmm Red Velvet... I think the sugar alcohols are only a problem for those who react, I can eat a whole container with no issues (though I rarely do this, one serving usually hits the spot), and I prefer to eat this over reg ice cream because of the higher protein content.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Halo Top is a four letter word in my house right now!

Yesterday, I was at the store that carries all the flavors (not my typical grocery store), so I stocked up on some flavors I hadn't tried yet. Spent $35.00 on Halo Top.

My freezer broke last night. It was like soup this morning. Lost. It. All. :'(
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like it, but I don't go nutso for it. I'm in a phase with it right now, so I fit a little in every day and probably will for a while. As for whether it's better to just fit in regular ice cream, that's all up to you and what fits your calorie goals and whether you enjoy eating Halo Top or not. I can put a whole serving into a cake cone (20 calories)...so having an ice cream cone at night is just super satisfying right now. I have only tried chocolate at mint chip that I like...and didn't like cookies and cream at all (tasted like chemicals).