• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Depends where you are, I suppose.

I do it, and think it is healthy.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I have triple filter on my system, so yes my water is drinkable.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it depends. We have a nice filtration system.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    AngelaHuo wrote: »
    Is it?

I agree with the person who posted it probably depends on where you live.

I live in the United States, where we are supposed to have safe drinking water. However, my tap water smells bad, so I drink it filtered or buy water. I believe the spring water I buy doesn't have fluoride, which prevents tooth decay, so that's something to consider.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I don't. But not because it's unhealthy, just a taste preference.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    For most of us - yes.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It depends. Is the tap water polluted where you live? Do you have a medical condition?

The water where I live has levels of nitrates above the federal and state standard for maximum contaminants level. Our community has been advised that it is unsafe for infants below 6 months to consume the tap water. Pregnant women or those with health concerns were advised to consult their doctor but everyone else is supposedly okay. My family still drinks the tap water.

Check the water quality report for your area. My town has it on their web site or you can request a paper copy.
    https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/index.html
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    AngelaHuo wrote: »
    Is it?

My tap water is among the safest in the US. 25 years ago, not so much when we had a serious cryptosporidium outbreak (the safety procedures put in place then is why it is so safe now).

Tasty is another thing. Our municipal water is so hard that I filter it for drinking.
  • ohyes135
    ohyes135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in NYC and my tap water taste just as good as bottled water (I hate Evian water). I don't recommend water from New Jersey because I got sick from it. I guess it all depends where you live.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Some might or might not agree, but here's a link about fluoride in the water and ways to filtrate your water.

http://energyfanatics.com/2012/06/13/how-decalcify-pineal-gland/
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Save your money, bottled water is just tap water from somewhere else. If you are in the US, install a reverse osmosis unit to remove the fluoride and you are golden.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Depends where you are, I suppose.

I do it, and think it is healthy.

^This.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    My tap water is a bit "meh" in taste straight out of the tap. When we built our house we added a water filtration system and that made the water taste just like bottled water (sometimes better, depending on brand). So, in my case, yes it is safe.

It totally depends on the water source and the filtration that happens before it gets to your tap though. Look into your cities water system, that should give you a better idea of how safe your tap water is.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    We have a decent filtration system at our house so I feel good about drinking it out of the tap. We would go BROKE if I only drank bottled water based on the sheer amount of water I drink.
    I would love to get a Berkey, though.