Success stories from those who lost the weight in their 30's?

Options
breefoshee
breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
I know this is super silly, but I just turned 30 last month and am mourning not having lost the weight in my 20's. I kept saying "by the time I turn 30, I will definitely be in shape." Now, I'm not in shape and I am wavering between "Let's do this!" and "You'll never look as good as you would have in your 20's..." I know this is a total lie, but I need to hear from those who've done it!

Share your success story below and any advice you have for staying motivated!

Replies

• leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got into the best shape of my life at 35. It's totally doable. I'm now 39 trying to get back to that shape... not gonna lie it's tougher this time around but still possible
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter on the age, age long as you eat right and exercise you will be fine, I am doing most of my weight loss now at 39

just exercise and burn more than you eat
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    hrod215 wrote: »
    4fa49y3clmal.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen huh. This was this past Feb. Those are my two boys, 14 and 6. You can also see my youngest, she is going to be 5. My oldest constantly comments on my 'brolickness'. I'm guessing he's talking about my muscle gains lol. It's doable at any age at any stage in your life. It's just takes a little time.

Nic legs!

I'm 39 and lost 50 pounds over a year ago. Definitely the best shape of my life... I can run for HOURS, kickbox, Zumba, you name it! Most 20 something's would be hard pressed to keep up with most of us oldies but goodies on this site! LOLL!!
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight just before 30, have continued it (will be 31 in May) and can honestly say I'm in the best shape I've ever been, and I haven't even hit my goals yet.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I started with 234 and now I'm slowly approaching 200 and I'm 36. I think that I finally found my rhythm. I used to be full of excuses, then last Black Friday I went to buy new clothes and my size 40 pants were getting extremely tight. Today I'm wearing size 38 comfortably. My goal is 165 and I know now that with hard work I'll get there, safe and slowly. Good luck to you...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!