I need quark recipes!

blue_belle_
blue_belle_ Posts: 7 Member
I bought some quark after discovering it's fabulous low calorie high protein content, to add to a crustless quiche I'm making but I'm going to have so much left over. Does anyone have any recipes to use it up or what are your uses for quark? Thank you!

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Check out the protein cheesecake post. You can sub quark for the cream cheese, I think.
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    I add sweetener, and sometimes some lemon juice/zest, and eat it with berries and sugar free jelly. Tastes just like a really decadent cream. I eat it this way every day.
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    I've been looking for that stuff for ages. Where did you find it??
  • I make creamy mashed sprouts with my quark.

200g brussels sprouts
    125g quark
    10g miso paste
    10g Thai red curry paste

Cook the sprouts then mash them, mix the quark miso and curry paste then mix it with the sprouts.

Quick, tasty, full of protein, low in calories and fat.
  • diggydog2
    diggydog2 Posts: 107 Member
    What is quark? I've never heard of it.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    diggydog2 wrote: »
    What is quark? I've never heard of it.

Quark is a type of cheese:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product)
  • 183StGB
    183StGB Posts: 8 Member
    I like to eat it for breakfast, mixed with a table spoon of sugar and a cut up apple or berries.
    I also like to turn it into what in Germany we call "Quarkauflauf" - 250g Quark mixed with half a pouch of vanilla pudding mix (could use a tablespoon on starch and vanilla flavour), one egg, a table spoon of sugar and cut up fruit. bake for 20min at 200°C.
    I also like to use it as a filling for Strudel (basically quarkauflauf bakied in filo dough).

As for salty, can't go wrong with the classic cooked potatoes with Quark and fresh herbs.
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Mixed with diced onions, fresh herbs like chives, parsley etc. and spices it's a great spread for bread, or it can be eaten with boiled/baked potatoes.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I made a delicious no bake cheesecake (no gelatin either!) with Quark and low fat cream cheese.... Lemon juice and sweetener. So good!
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Mix in some Choc Shot and it's like a really light pudding. Apparently quite popular with Slimming World users!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product) ... good info on Quark ... and identifies why you need to know a bit more are the Quark product you have to know the best way to use it up.

I wish we had Quark available in the stores in the area of the US I live in cause I love the stuff. You can use it in any way that you might use Ricotta or Farmer's Cheese ...
  • Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    And here I thought you were talking quantum mechanics and/or Star Trek.
  • diggydog2
    diggydog2 Posts: 107 Member
    Speziface wrote: »
    That's what I thought. Didn't understand why it was in the food forum. :)
  • ladipoet
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(dairy_product) ... good info on Quark ... and identifies why you need to know a bit more are the Quark product you have to know the best way to use it up.

I wish we had Quark available in the stores in the area of the US I live in cause I love the stuff. You can use it in any way that you might use Ricotta or Farmer's Cheese ...

@Nikion901 ...just fyi, you can order directly from Elli Quark in the US and their shipping is free on all orders.
  • ladipoet
    Speziface wrote: »

LOLZ