Girls! Have you changed body shape after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I went from Pear (36-32-46") to less-extreme pear 33-25-35.5". Shape didn't really change, just less-extreme pear without a large gut and hips.
  • jstefanir
    Options
    My apple shape was so obvious when I was heavier (4'10" 28 inch waist) now I have a 24-25 inch waist. No more apple over here.
  • jstefanir
    Options
    I'm a ruler shape but I'm 5'1 with a 28 inch waist which is still pretty large for my height. So How did you do it? What was your regimen?
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Weights are the key here. I started off a small apple, now I'm more of a small pear.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Nope...still a pear...just a smaller pear which unfortunately meant a shrinkage in my boobs :(
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have always been an hourglass, but am more like a pear at the moment (current measurements 39, 32, 42) due to losing weight faster from my upper body than my lower body. I believe this will even out eventually as I continue to lose weight, but we'll see. I don't really mind as long as I can keep the waist/hip ratio around what it is now.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I used to look like an apple shape... now i am kind of an upsidedown triangle... if that is even a thing
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I thought I was an apple but I am an hourglass shape. When your bigger its hard to tell because of how much fat covers every part or at least i was for me. Same thing with my face...I thought it was round and I am a heart shape...I think haha. You couldn't even tell what I really looked like. I have dimples, I never knew that.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I haven't really changed shape. I'm the same shape, just smaller. Don't stress so much. I'll bet you'll be much more confident in how your body looks as you lose weight and feel better about yourself; that's what happened with me. You can try doing pilates and various other exercises though (Google a few and try them out to see what works for you). If you hit your goal weight and aren't happy with your waist, you could always take up corseting. Busting out a steel boned corset is the only way I have ever seen anyone *dramatically* change their actual body shape.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Round
    yutiuyyuoiuo.jpg

Hourglass
    935771_10201232501713380_63124401_n.jpg

I still have a lot of work, my belly skin is driving me insane lately too.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    You will always have the same shape. what makes your shape is your bone structure.

you could build muscle in areas like your bum

nope...at 135 pounds, in my former life, I was a perfect hourglass.... with a bout of obesity & now weight-loss, Im nearly the same weight again but this time I am a pear, leaning towards being a straight boy... up & down, rail thin & lost most of my curves...
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You will always have the same shape. what makes your shape is your bone structure.

you could build muscle in areas like your bum

I don't agree with this, the reason being is because I was considered a rectangular shape for the longest time, I had so much fat on my waist that, that is the way it made me look. Now I've trimmed up a lot and everyone and every test thingy to see my body shape is calling me a perfect hour glass.

2akikuq.jpg
  • donut_mogel
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 158lbs right now and I've been losing weight since the first of this month at a rate of about 3 pounds per week. I really hate my waist (measurements are 38 32 40).
    I was wondering if any of you had actually lost a lot of inches on your waist? Like enough to become hourglass/pear from Apple/straight?
    I don't want to have a big waist forever T.T

If you're 5"5 and 158 pounds with a 32 inch waist doesn't that mean you''re a banana shape more or less?
    I'm 5"2 and 155 pounds (wayyy chubbier) and I have a 28-29 inch waist, I ain't proud of it lol and the extra weight makes my hourglass less noticable.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm still a pear...just a smaller one.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nope, even strenght training can change your shape. You can add muscles, but you can't move your bones.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'd say I changed. I have always been an hourglass (as defined by a 10 inch differnce between waist and hips/bust being the same measurement- used to be 38-28-38) but as I lose weight and do lots of squats my hip measurment has remained the same while my bust and waist have gotten smaller (now 36-26-38). I supose this makes me more of a pear now but I still have broad shoulders and a defined waist so I *mostly* look like an hourglass though my measurments put me more at a pear. Its just like many have said, you can put muscle on and change your body a bit, though I wouldn't expect anything drastic. So far I've only been able to maintain the butt size I had haha!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My shape TOTALLY changed. I would've called myself "curvy" or "hourglass" before but that was pretty much all fat. Now that most of that excess fat is gone, I'm more square/athletic shaped. I'm hoping my waist will become more defined as one of the above posters mentioned hers did as she lost more weight and got more fit.

I don't have the info saved so this may be slightly off (going by memory) but at one point, about 2 years ago, over about 6 months, I hadn't lost much weight (maybe 8-10 pounds) but I lost like 10 inches off my waist.

OP, I'm sure your waist measurements will change as you lose the excess weight/fat. Just keep at it and be patient. The stomach is where most of us lose it last and it can take some hard work to get it off - but it'll be worth it when you do!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I really hate my waist (measurements are 38 32 40).

I'm 44.5 / 37.5 / 47. Wanna trade?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Nope - same shape - hourglass before - better hourglass as I lose.

This.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a little, but nothing extreme. I was a slight apple (38-32-36), and now I am a rectangle (34-28-34). I will never be a pear because of my bone structure, but it is hard to tell exactly where fat will come off and lifting can help a little.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!