Which ingredients to log?

Options
Hi, I cooked a salmon dish but am not sure which ingredients I should include.

The half side of salmon was placed on top of a layer of dill and slices of lemon, which were on a sheet of foil. More lemon and dill went on top of the salmon. The sides of the foil were then raised so I could pour a small amount of wine around the salmon. I then gathered the foil together to create a parcel before baking the salmon. Dots of butter were involved too.

So, I included the butter and the wine as I ended up pouring some of the juice over the finished meal, but should I include the dill and lemon? They didn't get eaten. I know they wont add much in terms of calories, but this won't be the only thing I ever cook where ingredients are included to infuse a flavour but then do not get eaten.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you're trying to maintain a precise 50 calorie deficit each day. I want to point out that flavors are imparted by aromatic oils leaving one thing and accompanying another into your mouth. I can't imagine this mattering in the big picture of a life lived healthily.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I cook with fresh herbs and lemon a lot and I always log them. But they don't have very many calories, I can't see it impacting your calorie goal much either way.