Fast Food for the Month

Options
2»

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Nice work, OP. Can you post a few examples of the fast food restaurants and the meals you used during the cut? I'd love to see this as a balance to all the "fast food is gonna kill you" posts.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    tumblr_nb8uq28gvt1tjpaueo1_500.gif

Sorry, you were saying?

:lol::lol::lol:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Nice work, OP. Can you post a few examples of the fast food restaurants and the meals you used during the cut? I'd love to see this as a balance to all the "fast food is gonna kill you" posts.

Feel free to look over my diary.
    But if I did subway, I would do a foot long rotisserie chicken, double meat on Italian (white) sub.
    I would then throw on spinach, tomatoes, onions, green peppers and then vinegar.

If I did chipotle and it was a carb day I would do a burrito bowl with:
    Double Chicken
    Rice
    Fajita peppers
    Black beans
    corn
    mild salsa
    cheese
    If it was a lower carb day for me, then I would do the same thing, just not add on rice or corn.

For McDonald's I would do something like one of their salads or do an egg white delight, no cheese
    egg white delight with cheese is 250 calories
    Without it is 200 calories.

Wendy's I would either do a their grilled chicken sandwich, usually 2 of those.
    Or their Power Mediterranean salad, full size and an extra chicken breast.

But again, it's all listed in my diary for the month of March.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Interesting experiment. How long do you spend exercising in the gym each day? And do you take photos of yourself every day? Because if you do...I can understand why. Your body looks amazing, you must have worked so hard to achieve that definition. Well done.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Also OP after stalking your food diary, I see that you are a fan of Quest bars. Do you ever heat them in the microwave? I do.
  • MityMax96
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Interesting experiment. How long do you spend exercising in the gym each day? And do you take photos of yourself every day? Because if you do...I can understand why. Your body looks amazing, you must have worked so hard to achieve that definition. Well done.
    Also OP after stalking your food diary, I see that you are a fan of Quest bars. Do you ever heat them in the microwave? I do.

On the weekends, are my longer gym sessions. So Saturday is heavy upper body, that can be about 2 hours.
    Sunday is leg day, that can be about 1.5 hours, depending on how my legs are feeling. I have issues with my joints and being flat footed, so that tends to hamper my leg days. :disappointed:
    During the week, I do weights on Tues/Wed/Thurs right now, those are about 1 hour sessions, unless I go back after work to hit some area like shoulders.
    Mon and Fri will be abs and cardio (LISS)

I don't take pics every day, honestly seeing my body on a daily basis, I tend to notice the trouble areas more than than the overall package, so at times I am rather disgusted with myself, and have no desire to see my body.

If you look above to my previous post about my time line since 2013, I took pretty much one year to really focus on a more aesthetic appearance. Other than that I have been lifting for over 22 years now, but for a period of time from like 24 - 36 yrs old, I was half-assing it in the gym and with my diet....and that was really due to a lack of knowledge with nutrition and lifting, life issues, and just going through the motions. But I feel now I have kinda found a sweet spot with all those things, so I make it work.

Yes I do heat my quest bars, thats the only way to eat them...makes them taste like dessert. :smiley:
    About 10 - 12 sec. depending on microwave.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Bump for info
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Well this is MUCH easier to do if youre a guy and cutting calories are like 2200. Sigh....unfortunately for me i'm lucky to cut on 1600 to 1700 cals so this experiment wouldnt work for me unless i don't snack.
  • iheartmakeup01
    iheartmakeup01 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Definitely wouldn't work for me cutting on 1200 calories. I do include fast food sometimes as long as I keep my fats and carbs low while eating lean protein. I still notice weight loss
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Well this is MUCH easier to do if youre a guy and cutting calories are like 2200. Sigh....unfortunately for me i'm lucky to cut on 1600 to 1700 cals so this experiment wouldnt work for me unless i don't snack.

Have to disagree with you on that one.
    It's just as hard for me to cut down on calories and stay around 2400 - 2600 calories, when I am used to eating around 3000 - 3200 calories.
    So I have to deal with binges, same as the next person......

It's all relative.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Definitely wouldn't work for me cutting on 1200 calories. I do include fast food sometimes as long as I keep my fats and carbs low while eating lean protein. I still notice weight loss

How would it not work?

A lot of the foods I eat, I double on the protein...being female, you wouldn't need as much, so you could eliminate calories by not doing a double portion.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »

It's just as hard for me to cut down on calories and stay around 2400 - 2600 calories, when I am used to eating around 3000 - 3200 calories.

It's all relative.

Nah, you're a male, and you're naturally in good shape. This is easy for you.

/sarcasm
  • MityMax96
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

It's all relative.

/sarcasm

LOL
    And 40 yrs old to boot.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

It's all relative.

/sarcasm

He has reason and accountability.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,576 Member
    Options
    Good job my brother. I'm looking to get weight down SERIOUSLY too, so I've been logging everything and eating ice cream as well as fast food at least 3 times a week or more. Let's see how it turns out in a few months.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • MityMax96
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Good job my brother. I'm looking to get weight down SERIOUSLY too, so I've been logging everything and eating ice cream as well as fast food at least 3 times a week or more. Let's see how it turns out in a few months.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    [/quote]

I have to be careful with the ice cream in my place....I have moments of weakness and go way overboard with it. :disappointed: