Red Meat!!

Options
Hi Everyone,
I have a question, I know all about CICO!! I just wanted to know did anyone have great weightloss success, plateau or see any difference by adding red meat to their diet? I usually don't eat red meat or pork but my menu changes up weekly and red meat for 3 of my meals of 4 ounces were added. Just curious, please let me know, thank you :)

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    As long as changing to red meat doesn't create an excess of calories for you, you're fine. It really is all about CICO, even with red meat.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I eat red meat at least twice a week. Down 16lbs so far.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I usually have red meat once or twice a week. It does have some great nutritional value. Just pick a lean cut.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you add something without taking out or reducing something else, you may not see the weightloss you want.

And now I'm dying to know what kind of menu you have that just adds things randomly. If I want something, I have to add it myself.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I make no bones (ha!) about the fact that I am a carnivore - I eat meat and lots of it. I like beef especially and eat it in almost any form. Regularly and often.

Lost over 100lbs since October 2015
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    as long as you stay within your calorie targets, red meat will neither help nor hinder weight loss... I am also a carnivore and eat red meat several times a week... almost 60 lbs down now.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I eat less than I used to. I noticed the difference in calories and now eat more chicken and fish. I still enjoy a good steak or burger once weekly.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thx to all so much, really helps