Do you count your excersize cals?

So I've been doing this since October and I regularly excersize , however not normally have I counted back the calories. However today I have gone over by quite a few and wondered if my 30 min bike ride and 30 min exversize DVD will make up for it?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    why wouldn't they count? the more active you are, the higher your calorie (energy) requirements are.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2017
    Of course I do. I want to fuel my workouts properly so I can maintain as much muscle as possible, reach my fitness goals, and lose fat.

Not eating them would leave me lethargic, I wouldn't be able to put the same intensity into my workouts, and I would be hangry. (I've trie it. I was miserable.)
  • owensbell
    owensbell Posts: 6 Member
    Definitely! Today I did an hour and a half of high intensity training intervals and burned1300 cal.
    If you go on line you can get a pretty good idea of how many calories the excersise you do burns so your not staving yourself. On low activity days I reduce my carbs which turn to fat if your not burning it, and on days of hard workouts I make sure I'm properly fueled with good carbs for energy. In other words your calories are closely related to your activity level and exercise so it makes sense to keep track of both of them to know what your needs are each day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,438 Member
    Absolutely I count my exercise calories.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I'm the odd man out. I eat at maintenance and don't eat back my exercise calories, using them to create the deficit so I can lose. If I've had an intense workout I will eat a portion of the exercise calories back. Right now I'm trying to lose some weight while maintaining my muscle mass. In May I will eat at maintenance and eat back exercise calories to stay at maintenance.