Struggling to loose weight

Options
My stats...

166lb
5'4
Age 27
Hardly exercise (probably 1-2 times a week)
My job is sitting all day.

My problem I have is, back in July/Aug last year I was eating 1000 a day and loosing every week. Im now eating 1200-1300 and its taking forever to loose, and is super slow. I dont have a clue where Im going wrong. Should I be eating more calories?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your food? Logging daily?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Eating more calories will make you stall or gain.

What are you classing as super slow?
  • jkcal2
    jkcal2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How are you tracking your food? Logging daily?

I log it all on MFP and have a Instagram food account. X
  • jkcal2
    Options
    Eating more calories will make you stall or gain.

What are you classing as super slow?

At the minute I have been eating 1200-1300 but mfp says I should be eating 1450 x
  • jkcal2
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    But what are you actually losing? Why are you classing it as super slow?

You see, we've had these questions before, and a lot of the time, the problem is with the expectations.

Well it will be 1lb week 1 then maintain week 2 then +1 week 3. Its just not very consistant. I weigh everything, and have one cheat meal on a saturday evening. I just dont know what else I can do. X
  • jkcal2
    Options
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Can you please open you diary?
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »
    Can you please open you diary?

I second her!!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A few ups and downs is fine, as long as you are losing overall. Have you tried charting it to see your loss trend?

Also, If you are truly eating around 1200 calories a day, your weight should be falling off at a steady comfortable rate. Either it's just a little stall and you'll begin losing again, or you are eating more than you think.

ETA: How many calories do you eat during your Saturday "cheat meal"? That could be undoing a lot of your success.
  • jkcal2
    Options
    Hey everyone, my diary is open, all my friends can see it? X
  • jkcal2
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    A few ups and downs is fine, as long as you are losing overall. Have you tried charting it to see your loss trend?

Also, If you are truly eating around 1200 calories a day, your weight should be falling off at a steady comfortable rate. Either it's just a little stall and you'll begin losing again, or you are eating more than you think.

ETA: How many calories do you eat during your Saturday "cheat meal"? That could be undoing a lot of your success.
    Usually a kfc big daddy meal. Around 1400 I think it is.
    Maybe I should limit my cheat day to 2000 calories? X
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    1400 caloriee meal is more thn i get in an entire day....and i do exercise XD
  • jkcal2
    Options

And yes always 1200 or below. Last week I was on holiday, and tried my best to stick to plan, but the weeks before I was 100% on plan, and my weight wasn't even budging
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    jkcal2 wrote: »

And yes always 1200 or below. Last week I was on holiday, and tried my best to stick to plan, but the weeks before I was 100% on plan, and my weight wasn't even budging

sounds like your not consistent/ being impatient...how long have you been back on it? With a 1400 calorie cheat meal a week and you just said you werent sticking to it last week
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    if you use apps, try Happy Scale - shows your weight loss as a trend instead of each individual point, then you know if you're heading in the right direction.
  • jkcal2
    Options
    Started the 1st Jan
  • jkcal2
    Options
    Its driving me INSANE. I have a food instagram account. And so many people are telling me to up my calories per day, so I have upped to 1300 as of last night. I get so upset weighing myself on a saturday to see I havnt lost. When i was eating 1000 a day, I was seeing a loss of maybe -1lb a week, but I was SO hungry. And it didnt feel healthy. Im starting to think should I see a doctor...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I just see a lot of inconsistency. Success in this is about building a routine. I jockey a desk as well, but make time to walk around as much as possible or if I'm booked solid on teleconferences all day I do squats, pushups, planks at the desk.

Bottom line if you aren't losing you are not in a caloric deficit. Look over those logs carefully and ensure you weigh out everything. See if this helps.

You mentioned a cheat meal. What do you mean by this? Is this something you don't log?

Also - our bodies are biological systems and there are a load of variables we aren't paying attention to, which is why you need to monitor and stay on plan for 6 weeks minimum. Weight loss is not linear. Patience is required.