Why am i now gaining??

Options
Hey all
In 3 weeks I had lost 6.3kg/13lbs and that was just counting calories... Ever since I started moving more I keep putting on weight. It's very disappointing

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Could be water retention from the new exercise...
  • Sls2bhealthy
    Sls2bhealthy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. How many calories a day are you consuming? What type of exercise are you doing?
  • YouBlowMyMind
    YouBlowMyMind Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I started using A magnetic rower last week. And the 30ds yesterday
  • YouBlowMyMind
    Options
    I'm eating my allocated calories of 1200 plus most of my exercise calories. I started using A magnetic rower for 10 mins a day last week and the 30ds yesterday
  • Sls2bhealthy
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    New exercise will cause you to retain water. It will go away within a couple weeks.
    You may not be eating enough.

How would not eating enough cause someone to gain weight?

If you don't eat enough, you body will begin to store fat. It will not allow itself to starve. You need to have enough fuel to burn calories. Your car will not run without gas nor will your body run with out proper nutrition. You should aim for about a 500 calorie a day deficit for a steady loss. More exercise = more food. Proper food.
  • YouBlowMyMind
    Options
    Thanx I think I just won't weigh daily anymore
  • Sls2bhealthy
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    You may not be eating enough.

Seriously​ now. I keep reading this comment in every similar thread. How can anyone ever think that eating too little can cause weight gain? How?! No matter what they might have read online, thinking should come first.

OP, I can assure you, this is not the reason you have gained. It is either water from your new routine, a random fluctuation, or fat from eating too much (as in above maintenance). My advice is to wait.

Just curious, are you trained in nutrition? You can believe what you want, but this is factual. Talk to any nutritionist, dietitian, or personal trainer with nutritional backing.

http://www.stack.com/a/undereating
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Ooooh...grabbing some popcorn.
  • YouBlowMyMind
    Options
    I am extremely sore from the 30ds lol
  • shanehitchcox1
    shanehitchcox1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    try doing a few weights
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    KloBlo85 wrote: »

Sore muscles will retain some extra water as they repair. This can account for a small weight gain.

It is normal to see some fluctuation in the scale day to day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know when I'm sore, I always see a rise in the scale. 30DS kicked my butt the first time I tried it. DOMS for days.
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    KloBlo85 wrote: »
    Then you are almost certainly holding on to water to repair that damage in your muscles. Carry on and in a few days - maybe a week or two, you will drop back down. Good things come to those who wait (and keep sticking to the plan!).
  • YouBlowMyMind
    Options
    Thanx guys