Guys, Do You Care About A Woman's Style?

Options
124»

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Maybe this is why people are surprised regarding certain attributes. I don't feel the need to dress any way for anyone. I leave the house often in a hoodie, jeans and gym shoes. I also have dresses and dress clothes and yoga pants and "goth clothes" and sweaters and sports attire and..... you get the point. I am a professional woman who has many different interests in life, but wasting money on expensive clothes or clothes that I think other people will like isn't one of them. If I can't impress you by my brain, my heart, my attitude, my work ethic, etc then you most definitely aren't for me.
    On the flip side, I don't pay much attention to what a guy is wearing unless it is pajamas in public or he is wearing a wife beater with cigarette holes in it.

errr.... how many cigarette holes?

and taco sauce stains are acceptable too, right?

No cigarette holes! Taco stains are acceptable if you are bringing me tacos. If you ate them all before you showed up then keep on driving....

just checking; no wife beaters and no cigarettes. no worries

also....

I would be honored to bring you tacos, I damn sure would

Well it is Tuesday.... Hope you don't mind that I am in jeans and a sweatshirt. You know what is on it. You'll deal with it

If we turn you upside-down, you'll be a Wisconsin fan.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Maybe this is why people are surprised regarding certain attributes. I don't feel the need to dress any way for anyone. I leave the house often in a hoodie, jeans and gym shoes. I also have dresses and dress clothes and yoga pants and "goth clothes" and sweaters and sports attire and..... you get the point. I am a professional woman who has many different interests in life, but wasting money on expensive clothes or clothes that I think other people will like isn't one of them. If I can't impress you by my brain, my heart, my attitude, my work ethic, etc then you most definitely aren't for me.
    On the flip side, I don't pay much attention to what a guy is wearing unless it is pajamas in public or he is wearing a wife beater with cigarette holes in it.

errr.... how many cigarette holes?

and taco sauce stains are acceptable too, right?

No cigarette holes! Taco stains are acceptable if you are bringing me tacos. If you ate them all before you showed up then keep on driving....

just checking; no wife beaters and no cigarettes. no worries

also....

I would be honored to bring you tacos, I damn sure would

Well it is Tuesday.... Hope you don't mind that I am in jeans and a sweatshirt. You know what is on it. You'll deal with it

If we turn you upside-down, you'll be a Wisconsin fan.

You're always thinkin

It's a gift

..... and a curse
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    socalrock wrote: »
    Of course, it factors into attraction, right? What's the disagreement?

my side was I figured guys didnt really notice a style, if a girls hot, then she's hot it ends there. But my friend argues men notice and select according to style they like

Hot would be pretty subjective. And of course, style would play a part in that.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I like athletic women.
    Women with some muscle mass, like a tennis player, soccer player or crossfit chicka.

Athletic gear is pretty hot.
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Of course we care, i've seen gorgeous women that just don't look good just because she had chosen the wrong outfit. And on top of that every man likes something diferent.
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Haha, I'm one of those hipster, black-lipstick-wearing, purple-pixie-cut women. And I've been told, multiple times, that this is a 'turn off'.
    I've also been told 'I hunt Tinder for a girl that looks like you', so I think it matters.
    But also doesn't really matter, I'm not going to change to make some dude like me.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Never been a slave to fashion, i'm a metalhead and we wear a lot of black and i love that look on anyone. My cursed flat feet means no heels, might dress up one day with full makeup and then workout clothes the next. t-shirt and jeans, or halter top and mini skirt (with fishnets and combat boots because of my foot issues and because i'm a raging gen-X'er). i keep people guessing, it's fun! my style is "don't give a *" what anyone thinks. ever. my hair is blonde with purple and red streaks. my partner is a huge fan of all of this, he loves what's under the clothes and makeup. i'm a weirdo and he is cool with it. look how you want, have fun, be comfy, life is short!

that being said - someone above said no pajamas outside - i agree! i draw the line there. i also dislike dudes in khaki or coral shorts with polo shirts/popped collars. i guess i'm not into preppy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I like athletic women.
    Women with some muscle mass, like a tennis player, soccer player or crossfit chicka.

Athletic gear is pretty hot.

Yes...

And to add, I like a well put together, but casual look for most occasions...the high maintenance (this took me hours) look/style doesn't really appeal to me, particularly for the day to day. Being scared to get a little dirty and/or sweaty is also a turn off. If you're camping and hiking, you're going to get a little dirty and sweaty.
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood lol.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A girl that goes out in sweat pants and a Tshirt. Total deal breaker... won't even give her the time of day. I cannot stand a frumpy girl.

What are your thoughts on yoga pants?

Yoga pants OK.
    Lula Roe(or anything of that ilk) cya wouldn't wanna be ya.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I like that minimalist/city chic look. Something that says "I care but not that much". But what little they do care is in excellent taste. Here are some examples of what rocks my socks:

Lack of socks in what "rocks your socks" is fascinating and makes me wonder if you were aware most of your examples are sockless OR if you liked the pics just because there was a je ne sais quoi about them for you?

• Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like that minimalist/city chic look. Something that says "I care but not that much". But what little they do care is in excellent taste. Here are some examples of what rocks my socks:

Lack of socks in what "rocks your socks" is fascinating and makes me wonder if you were aware most of your examples are sockless OR if you liked the pics just because there was a je ne sais quoi about them for you?

Tight rolled faded wash jeans are an eye catcher for me right now. I admit. Maybe because I grew up during the 80's.

But this works well IMHO.

fdh46nftyex3.jpg

• Motorsheen
    Options
    I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
    I want a girl who knows what's best
    I want a girl with shoes that cut
    And eyes that burn like cigarettes
    I want a girl with the right allocations
    Who's fast, thorough, and sharp as a tack
    She's playing with her jewelry
    She's putting up her hair
    She's touring the facilities
    And picking up slack
    I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.
    I want a girl who gets up early
    I want a girl who stays up late
    I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
    Who uses a machete, to cut through red tape
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I want a girl with a mind like a diamond
    I want a girl who knows what's best
    I want a girl with shoes that cut
    And eyes that burn like cigarettes
    I want a girl with the right allocations
    Who's fast, thorough, and sharp as a tack
    She's playing with her jewelry
    She's putting up her hair
    She's touring the facilities
    And picking up slack
    I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.
    I want a girl who gets up early
    I want a girl who stays up late
    I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
    Who uses a machete, to cut through red tape

Ahhhhh, Cake! One of my most favorite bands ever. ❤
  • jlmjtb12
    jlmjtb12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think it is important, it makes her "her". I like the Classy, Goth, Country Girl, Punk Rocker, Tree Hugger, Hippy, Nerd, Athletic Super Woman myself. Haha!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    Only style I care about is how she makes a sammich. :D Lol, I wear sweats and shorts everyday and could care less if my wife did the same.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Only style I care about is how she makes a sammich. :D Lol, I wear sweats and shorts everyday and could care less if my wife did the same.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You romantic you!!! Lol