Hungry at end of the day

Options
What do you do if you're hungry at the end of the day but you've eaten all your calories? Do you go over, or go to bed hungry? Just curious!
( I usually feel fine at 1550c but feel hungry tonight:)

Replies

• LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I recently started to count my calories again I would always ensure to have room for a snack, or I will go over :)
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Try some water first. Or hot tea (no caffeine).

Usually that's enough. If not, opt for an under 100 calorie snack.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry enough to want an apple?

That's the true test of hunger for me. ;) Plus, it's under 100 calories, and generally if I look at my net calories on a weekly basis (rather than just today) it won't even put me over.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I drink a little water and head to bed. I like to have two evening snacks (I have very light breakfasts and lunches to "afford" this). My family and I eat dinner between 5:30 and 6:30. I then have my first snack around 8 and my second around 9:30 or 10.

I fear that this makes me sound a bit like a hobbit.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    A hot cup of tea, Sugar free jello or sugar free chocolate pudding usually kill it for me for 50 calories (or 5!) But I am also in the "save calories for night time" club...I steal them from breakfast when I'm not really hungry anyway.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Of its an unpleasant hungry, I will borrow calories from the next day so I can eat something before bed. I have figured out most days to save room for a before bed snack.
  • mikemora63
    mikemora63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try eating a salad they are basically calorieless but you get a lot of volume which fills you up and keeps you full throughout the night!
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    How about flavored tea with a little milk and your favorite sweetener?
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    A cup of unsweetened Almond Milk is only 30 calories. You could sweeten in with stevia and add some cinnamon or vanilla.

I used to go to bed hungry every night, but since I lowered my carb % and sugars, I'm feeling less hungry at bedtime.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Every now and then won't make much of a difference if you add a small snack before bed but I'd look at what you are eating during the day if this is a regular occurance. Too many refined carbs can be filling initially but leave you hungry and craving for more later. Complex carbs, fat and protein are the foods that leave most feeling full for quite a while afterwards.
    My husband just the other day was saying that he doesn't eat much yet his jam donut contained more calories than my entire lunch which was a plate full of food. 100 gms chicken, 50 gms cottage cheese, a hard boiled egg and lots of vegetables left me full for hours.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I actually typically feel fine on my normal calorie allotment- last night was an anomaly. I'm just curious what others do. For the record, I just had a big glass of water and went to bed!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'll have a tea, but if I'm really, truly hungry I'll have a snack. I might make up the calories the next day, but I might not and just take the couple of hundred calorie hit. I keep snacks around 100-200 cals handy for these occasions.