What's your favorite place to buy workout clothes? Esp for runners

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    The cool compression shorts from Old Navy are perfect. They're not too tight like a lot of compression shorts and they don't ride up. They're also cooler and softer than a lot of them are. I love them.

oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1031032&vid=1&pid=502276002
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sport Systems...it's local. They have everything for just about any sport you can think of.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Raskol apparel
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I think I'll probably end up sticking with capris since it sounds like shorts, running, and thick thighs don't mix
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Under Armour is putting out a line to be carried by Kohls. I happened to get the email today.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    This is for the factory/outlets. I got some good stuff today!

kk7ko1marj0m.jpg

• GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is for the factory/outlets. I got some good stuff today!

kk7ko1marj0m.jpg

Sweet!!!! Thanks girl!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I go to Meijer because they sell Asics (both top and bottoms) at an affordable price. I buy my shoes online because I have a specific model that I buy
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Athleta has some good options. And you can give anything a try with their give it a workout return policy.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I really like Under Armour and Adidas. But I also second the Tek brand at Kohls. I have a pair of leggings from there and they have become one of my favorite pairs.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Most of my running clothes are from Lululemon. I also have some things from Nike, Athleta, Under Armour, and Hind.

You can use body glide on your thighs to prevent chaffing.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It might sound crazy, but of the dozens of brands I've tried, Old Navy is my favorite. The don't ride up or roll down and they are very durable with the constant washing.
  • desidelay
    desidelay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Under Armour for quality and Victoria's Secret Sport (VSX) for quality and cuteness (if you want fun colors, matching top/bottom, etc.). Be sure not to confuse VSX with PINK, it's garbage and is a waste of money.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I also have a lack of thigh gap and the only shorts I can run in are from Athleta. They have a 6" compression short with a pair of loose, running shorts on top (hides the extra lumps and bumps). They are called the Ready Set Go 2 in 1 short.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I also have a lack of thigh gap and the only shorts I can run in are from Athleta. They have a 6" compression short with a pair of loose, running shorts on top (hides the extra lumps and bumps). They are called the Ready Set Go 2 in 1 short.

I like the sound of those and will look out for them. I usually wear the New Balance 2-in-1 shorts with the 5" compression short. I get them from outlet stores or in the sales, rather than pay full price.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You can use body glide on your thighs to prevent chaffing.

I'll second this. The stuff is a god send. Anywhere you experience chaffing, rub it on and done.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've found some really nice stuff at Walmart lately. The compression shorts/tanks are very similar to more expensive brands. Shorts are $10, tanks $5. I have a pair of adidas shorts and can hardly tell a difference.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options

I like the sound of those and will look out for them. I usually wear the New Balance 2-in-1 shorts with the 5" compression short. I get them from outlet stores or in the sales, rather than pay full price.

I got my first pair on sale and just keep an eye out for sales.
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    EBay or maybe threadup.com. Obviously you want to have good idea of size you need in each brand :#
  • phrobbert
    phrobbert Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a screen printer by trade, so I buy all my stuff wholesale :expressionless: I'm a shorts 'n t-shirt guy though, even in wintertime. Never been one for these fancy base layers.