MFP pushing liberal agenda

Options
rustychord
rustychord Posts: 166 Member
oxr98jom6i8r.png

This was on my timeline this morning.

MFP should not be allowing ads like this one way or another!

We aren't allowed to discuss politics here but advertisers are allowed to push this type of crap?

I come on here for fitness and well being articles and information and to track my progress. These types of ads have no place here.

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Financial Times is not a "liberal" publication.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Premium doesn't have these issues
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bsgraham10 wrote: »
    oxr98jom6i8r.png

This was on my timeline this morning.

MFP should not be allowing ads like this one way or another!

We aren't allowed to discuss politics here but advertisers are allowed to push this type of crap?

I come on here for fitness and well being articles and information and to track my progress. These types of ads have no place here.

agreed. not paying.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    The seven ads in a row in between my friends statuses is kind of annoying, but I'm not paying for premium so I deal with it.
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The site probably relies on a third party vendor's ad algorithm. The algorithm which uses your browsing history to bring up ads.

This. That's how most free sites operate. I don't think it has so much to do with Mfp because it's pulling from browser history.

But I can see why you would maybe think that to a point.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    bsgraham10 wrote: »

Then, by all means, go Premium, or, if you, for what reason ever, don't want to, use a decent add-blocker.

The most funny thing about your rant was that this add would have passed completely unnoticed by most users if you wouldn't have promoted it this well. The Financial Times owes you a lot, I suppose.

• Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's and ad that is most likely based on your search history. It's the reason you can use the site for free. Don't like it, stop searching things related to it
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

of all the things to get your panties in a twist
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The advertisements're based upon, your own; search history! If you don't desire political advertisements then, don't search for; anything political & since you created a political thread you're now, going to receive even; more political advertisements!
  • handymi
    handymi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's an ad from a tracking service on a free site. This is what happens to you when everything becomes about politics and you start seeing conspiracies everywhere.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Go Premium! No ads.

This
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It's using your browsing history, so really you're the one pushing an agenda. I see ads for clothing sites that I've visited.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If Brad's wife hadn't been fired, this wouldn't have happened.

Also... OP, this isn't on MFP. Ads are tailored to your search history. Keep your conspiracy theories to yourself.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    MFP will not divide us
This discussion has been closed.