How to tone my stomach!

Options
Hi im lou, looking for advice!
Ive managed to lose 23ib mainly doing cardio insanity, running gym! My aim is to lose another 14ib but to try and tone up esp my stomach area! Im giving myself 10 weeks as i want a belly tattoo before i go on holiday! Do i do several ab workouts weekly alongside my cardio or do i do a little each day? Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Cardio, and doing various ab work to develop, shape and build muscle. Which will become visible, and the more cardioyou do with diet you would have nice tones abs.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can check out P90X's Ab Ripper X. If u do this a few times a week you will see amazing results in core strength within a couple of weeks and tone (once the fat comes off).
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thankyou @kaizaku maybe i could do the cardio abs insanity!
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks @LeoT0917 that sounds like a plan! Just about to google it!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thankyou @kaizaku maybe i could do the cardio abs insanity!

Sure :
  • puccagirl77
    puccagirl77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sure, but you can be very thin without a toned midsection. OP is asking for advice on toning her abs, not spot reduction, and frequency of exercise, etc.

My trainer advised that abs can be worked daily and that weighted ab exercises are the most effective for building muscles.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Spot reduction isn't possible, you just have to continue losing fat and your diet is the most important part of that - hence the often-seen recommendation for "fork putdowns" and "table pushaways" as the best exercises for belly reduction. Unfortunately, for many people the midsection/belly is the last place it comes off. No exercises will specifically target belly fat - you're working the muscles, but fat can't be exercised.

This.

While cardio can help put you in a deficit its will "not" tone you. This is a myth used to market cardio decades ago and completely BS.

Resistance training while in a deficit will help with retaining the muscle you do have as you continue losing fat.