Where do you get energy?

I'm a full-time engineering student who works one full-time job and one part-time job. So, basically, caffeine is my best friend in the entire world! I literally only drink Monster, coffee, and Mountain Dew. I really want to stop as they're all terrible for you, but I literally need the energy. What do you do to have energy just to function? And any tips for surviving caffeine withdrawals when I start to ditch the Monster?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Eating well and regular exercise does the trick for me.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    If you can taper down, you shouldn't get headaches. Cut things back by one a day, or just pick a time to quit the caffeine and move it earlier each day until you're at a sustainable level. Replace with water. Maybe today, quit after 3 pm (or even 5.) in a week, bump it back a couple hours.

As for energy, you have to get some sleep. I'm an engineer. I have no idea how you can be working 2 jobs and a full time student. Student loans were 100% worth it for me.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    The necessary seems impossible. Sorry. Sleep, exercise, eat nutritious food, including breakfast.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    I'm a full-time engineering student who works one full-time job and one part-time job. So, basically, caffeine is my best friend in the entire world! I literally only drink Monster, coffee, and Mountain Dew. I really want to stop as they're all terrible for you, but I literally need the energy. What do you do to have energy just to function? And any tips for surviving caffeine withdrawals when I start to ditch the Monster?

Good God Woman!!! Full time school and two jobs will suck the life right out of you. I tried full time grad school and full time work for one semester and it just about killed me. I am in awe of your time management skills!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Excessive caffeine consumption is probably bad for you. But consuming some caffeine is fine.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any good substitutes for sufficient sleep.