Non Food Treats and Rewards

Options
Hey all!

I am super into treating myself and the concept of rewards. I'm separating food and treats, and thought it might be helpful to list some things that people reward themselves with that aren't food related. I am very interested in beauty and skincare products as well as anything that adorns my body (If you love it, decorate it!) so that will likely be my tendency, but I love ideas! What are your most motivating non food treats and Rewards that other people could use?

Replies

• theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I just bought the FabFitFun box for spring. Very excited for it to come and it includes some kind of free access to a workout video channel somewhere. (Not my thing. But fyi in case people like that kind of thing.) Comes with a fabric thing you can slap down for picnics and a plastic bag for wet bathing suits. Both helpful and supportive of activity. Also has other cool stuff for beauty. I love stuff like this!
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I LOVE this post! I'm a big believer in self-rewards when you're working on your goals!

Here are some things I have done:
    - Got a massage
    - Got a facial
    - Got a pedi
    - Bought a new article of clothing
    - Did a super leisurely drawn out workout instead of being hard on myself in the gym (weird reward but for me it's like - go to the gym, do only what you want, take your time - instead of rush rush rush and burn burn burn, i did this last week when i hit a mini-goal and it was really nice).
    - Get a tattoo (yes I reward myself with new ink sometimes)
    - Acquire a new item of jewelry, lipstick, nail polish (can be cheap, just for fun)
    - Get coffee/tea at a nice cafe and loiter/people watch/ relax for a while

As you can see, some of these are fun or relaxing yet inexpensive! The tattoo is expensive but most other things are not (guess it depends on where you get massages/facials, but my lady is really reasonable).

I might be the queen of pampering, but I work 3 jobs and take care of a lot of people in my life so I figure that I need to do it or else I'll flip out.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Absolutely! These are awesome! I love massages because they feel good and they give you a chance to really inhabit your body instead of just kind of ignoring everything below your chin because you're not so fond of it.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I get to my goal I am treating myself to eye lash extensions. My small treats are new earrings, lipstick, nail polish, perfume, body wash etc... Concert or theatre tickets could work too.
  • rhiawiz57
    Options
    Awesome. I just got new earrings, little dragons, they make me happy haha. And big yes to concert tickets!!!
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey im doing a similar thing, i treat myself every 7ibs , ive lost 23ib so far! Ive had my tragus pierced, new pandora charm,. Nails done! Ultimate goal is another 14ib and hopefully ill get a tattoo! Its something to aim for and works better for me!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ...not beauty, nor skin care but I did buy this for myself when I went from 259 to 225.
    0rp2z3e23qyq.jpg
  • rhiawiz57
    Options
    NICE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:)
  • theowlbox
    Options
    I love all these things! Now I am so curious about all these earrings, and nail polishes, etc! I know it's not healthy for some people, but developing a sense of value of my body has been key. Even if I might not love how it looks, I have been able to get in on hair, lashes (revitalash!), skincare, pedicures, etc. then start making the ends come together and value the total package.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    ...not beauty, nor skin care but I did buy this for myself

Yeah, this level of treating I. Am. Down. With.
  • Loumossmfp78
    Loumossmfp78 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Think thats a fab idea @theowlbox your preparing yourself for the new you!