Lost weight then gain

Options
Hello,
I started my diet on 3/12/17 with 72.5kg, then I lost 1.6kg since then, and again gain 0.4kg. I eat 1260 calories and burn with brisk walking on treadmill about 250-350calories everyday. Do I need to eat more? Because I think 1.6kg for period of 16 days isn't to much. Is there anyone who has that problem with loose weight then gain again? But I can see a big difference with my measurments (hips, weist) when I started and now. Thank you

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can't measure weight loss/gain like that. Real fat loss is slow and takes weeks and weeks of frequent and consistent weigh-ins to be discernible. Daily fluctuations (that are NOT fat) can be over 1 kg. Have patience. Focus on sticking to your calorie intake. Exercise to be stronger, faster, to have fun, release stress, not to lose weight.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You started your diet on 3/12/17? But it's only 28/3/17 :smiley: 1100-1200 calories a day, drink water and be patient.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You can't measure weight loss/gain like that. Real fat loss is slow and takes weeks and weeks of frequent and consistent weigh-ins to be discernible. Daily fluctuations (that are NOT fat) can be over 1 kg. Have patience. Focus on sticking to your calorie intake. Exercise to be stronger, faster, to have fun, release stress, not to lose weight.

THIS!!!! ^^^^

• marijananedeljkovic
    Options
    I'm not worried about weight to much, I worry about that changes. One day for example I have 70.9, next day 71.3, and it's very dissapointing.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about weight to much, I worry about that changes. One day for example I have 70.9, next day 71.3, and it's very dissapointing.

If you're going to weigh daily, do yourself a favor and download a weight trending app like Happy Scale or Libra. It will smooth out the data and show you how you're really trending.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Yes, it's frustrating. But it is perfectly normal. Too many things go into your weight, besides fat. Find a trending app or website (I use trendweight.com) and focus on the long term trend and not the day to day changes. You will have to get used to this happening, but you may be able to see a pattern (time of month, salty foods etc.) that helps you make more sense of it.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Here's my recent trend with my calorie intake at or slightly below my goal calories:

kubfhg374spb.jpg

Successful weight loss is a general downward trend over months.