goals and rewards

Options
2»

Replies

• kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to avoid food-related goals, but sometimes it's hard to think of something!
    I had a microfibre gym towel for my first stone (14lbs) lost. I've already bought my Fitbit Alta for my second stone, which I should reach in the next couple of weeks.
    3 will be one or two pretty straps for the Fitbit.
    4 is currently planned as a massage as I might reach it around the time of a friend's birthday so I can treat the 2 of us - but that's dependent on me feeling confident enough at that weight!
    5 is halfway to goal (70lbs down, 70 to go!) and I'm not sure what to do for this one. Probably a shopping trip, but it depends on me having the money and being a different enough dress size! Plus it'll probably be mid-autumn so I might fit my winter wardrobe OK.
    Haven't thought about the others yet, but I know that when I get to goal, I would like to do a photoshoot and have some pictures of me looking happy and healthy!
  • CiaIgle
    CiaIgle Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    After 23 Kgs lost, I still don't do specific rewards after achieving my goals (already achieved).

But sometimes (2-3 times a week) I "reward" my reminding calories at night with my favorite ice cream or similar :smile:

So I don't feel I am working for a reward, I am just "justifying" the extra calories.
  • MariaHammer750
    MariaHammer750 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    For an immediate reward, I put a quarter in a jar every day that I exercise and another quarter for every day I stay within my caloric limit. I give myself $1.00 for every week that I lose...anything. It's adding up and I have $12.75 in it. I plan to buy something I wouldn't normally spend a lot of money on like an expensive purse or jewelry. I like the idea of having it be something I can take along with me often so I can look at it and be reminded of how hard I worked to get it. Good luck!
  • TheFatLadyPortrait
    TheFatLadyPortrait Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have little weight-related goals sprinkled at very small intervals to keep me motivated, but my first major goal was to be able to go to "fantastic beasts and where to find them" without my cane. The last time I had been to the movies last spring I had been in euch bad shape I had to rest in the lobby before making the walk to the auditorium showing my movie. In november I reached my goal and went to fantastic beasts. No cane, made the walk and stood in line for concessions, no problem. So that goal was its own reward.

I took a long break from active weight loss after that and instead mostly tried not to gain too much over the winter. Now that spring is setting back in I am putting away a little money every successful week and when I reach my next big weight goal I am gonna buy myself something nice. Not sure what yet, but probably either a really nice collectible figure or a game console.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I "reward" myself more now than I did when I was losing weight. I like to ride my bicycle to an eating place. Last week I ate at Bird Cafe in downtown Fort Worth. There's a cookie shop across the street. The Cheesecake Factory is also on that corner. It is a fifteen mile bicycle ride from my house and sometimes I'll have ridden farther than that already. In hot weather I like to stop at Melt Ice Creams. I also ride up to the Stockyards frequently. There is all kinds of good stuff there. But my "rewards" aren't about reaching milestones. I use them to give me a destination. Having a destination makes it more likely that I will put in a long distance ride. And I have to eat something. I'm either going to eat at a cafe or I'm going to eat food I'm carrying in my pocket. The great thing is that by the time I get home I've burn enough calories to make up for whatever I ate anyway.
  • peachsquad
    peachsquad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My first goals are to lose 35 lbs and fit in all my "new" jeans (aka ones I bought last summer and didn't try on and then realized that they were too small). I don't have a concrete end weight in mind, but I am about to start saving money per pound lost. We're hoping to buy a home next year and my weightloss savings will go towards a new mattress and frame. I don't reward myself for small losses, though I am proud. I just embrace my cheat days and purchase fitness items I need (new headphones, shoes, etc).
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have rewards for every ten pounds lost, as well as big milestones - getting to a new BMI level, etc. Mostly just stuff that I really want but never buy myself - facials, expensive-ish shoes, etc. The big goal reward is a trip to California to bask my smaller self in some sun. :)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My rewards are pedicures and massages (I'm doing more working out so the feet and muscles are getting a beating)
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I put £10 in a jar for each lb I drop so when I reach my goal I'll have money for new clothes.

If I'm being honest I didn't realise how much I had to drop and didn't know I would love the gym and heavy kettlebells so as a result i've already got almost £300 and 15-20lbs to go but will defo re-evaluate. In the mean time I've used charity shops for the sizes in between.

The jar can't be broken until the end
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I second using second-hand stores. I've even thought about putting away the savings in a jar ($30-50 for jeans at regular store and only $5 at goodwill=$25-45 in the jar) and using that for some new items when I get to goal:) Just got my nails done at 10lbs down:D