Intense junk cravings

Options
Throughout my whole weight loss journey I never really struggled with staying away from chocolate, chips, cookies, and ice cream. But now that I'm only 10 pounds away I can't help but eat a bunch of it. Did anyone else experience this?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I struggle with cravings when I over-restrict or when I don't get enough fat.

What's your calorie goal? If it's on the lower side, you might try increasing it and planning to eat more each day. I find when I plan to eat specific things to meet my cravings, it helps too. Leaving a buffer of 100-200 calories to have a "treat" each day can be helpful.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yes this happened to me every time I restricted something. As soon as I got to goal I would overeat that restricted food.

Now I don't restrict anything. I plan for it in my calorie allotment.

I had to figure out which foods I can't have in the house unless it one single serving like potato chips and what I can have in larger quantities like cashews or Hershey's kisses.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I discovered that one good sized square of a good, rich dark chocolate every day or two keeps that craving at bay. Usually have it or some Halo Top/Arctic Zero on my better exercise days. For the salt cravings a serving of the snap pea crisps or a artisan kettle cooked potato chip are my best bets. Another go to is Made in Nature Dried Mango - no sugar added so not as bad as other dried fruits and has the perfect texture and sweetness.

The other thing I do is replace a meal with a mint chocolate or dark chocolate sea salt Rx Bar - they are probably my favorite things right now and have 210 cals and 12g protein.