Not really the right place, but I can't figure out some formating issues. Help would be appreciated.

Options
YvetteK2015
YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
So If I want to quote someone, it quotes the whole damn post. How do I quote just a sentence or two? No matter what I do I can't figure it out.

Same goes for bold and italicizing. How do I bold and italicize just a word or a sentence and not the whole post.
I know I feel like an idiot for asking, but I don't post that much, so I haven't really figured it out yet.

Thanks a bunch anyone who can help.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    How do I quote just a sentence or two?

Click the Paragraph menu item and select QUOTE.

jmmlkvskja8a.png

Then copy and paste the sentences you want to quote between the quote markup.

37k49116ewor.png

• YvetteK2015
    Options
    It doen't look like that on my computer. So is my option to hit quote, have the whole post print out on my screen, and then just delete everything except the sentence I want to quote?
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It doen't look like that on my computer. So is my option to hit quote, have the whole post print out on my screen, and then just delete everything except the sentence I want to quote?
    I do that or just select the sentence I want to focus on and bold it.
  • Timshel_
    Options

Yup or paste what you want and type the quote and end/quote tags on the front and back.
  • YvetteK2015
    Options
    Ok, I understand now. Does that also apply to bold and itallics? I try to do it to one word and the whole post comes out that way
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Ok, I understand now. Does that also apply to bold and itallics? I try to do it to one word and the whole post comes out that way

You can type in all the markup tags for those, yes. Not sure what all this Vanilla forums supports.
  • Timshel_
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello Italics
  • YvetteK2015
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. You've been a great help.
  • Timshel_
    edited March 2017
    Options

You're welcome
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    On the web version to bold or italic, highlight the text then press CTRL-b for bold or CTRL-i for italic on the keyboard and it will insert the proper HTML codes before and after the highlighted text.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    testing

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    When you "quote" this post, you can see how I not only was able to "bold" but also add colors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png