I think I'm officially a "runner"!

Options
2»

Replies

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    congratz, hooked ... I had a time where I had to run, but not because i enjoyed it, but changing shoes, and seeming to have found my pace changed the whole mindset ... hook line and sinker ...
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I didn't know I was a runner until my first 10k. I had planned on doing a mix of running and walking during it. In the weeks before the event I still hadn't run a full mile on any one go. At the 10k however I wound up running the whole dang thing! I've been addicted ever since. It just took me realizing that I *could* do it, basically, the limitations had been mental, not so much physical.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Also, you might want to start checking out the "Monthly Running Challenges" in the forums.

The current one for March is wrapping up... http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521779/march-2017-running-challenge#latest

...but a new one for April should be appearing in the next day or two. It's a great, friendly, non-competitive way to keep yourself accountable to mileage goals, and chat with other fellow running addicts. Some great info gets shared there, I know I have learned a TON just from participating there for the last couple years.
  • Hooligan300
    Hooligan300 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im a newbie "runner" myself its hard i even had to take 2 weeks off due to over doing it running up and down hills but im excited to get back at it. im training for my first 5k in may im really excited any advice? ive learned so much already. if anyone would like to add me especially runners please do itll help motivate me thanks!! :)
  • GoodVibes71
    GoodVibes71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a few months in with a 6 wk break exception! First time in my life running
  • wendyphd
    wendyphd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Heck ya you're a runner!!!
    Great feeling isn't it? I used to feel the same way. I felt that way after running half marathons with medals hanging on my wall. I think we all feel that way. Some of my best feeling runs were the ones I had to force myself to do and most of the time those were during crappy rainy weather. Nothing more cathardic (damn spell :) then a rainy run. It's freeing.
    Enjoy every moment. :)
  • GoodVibes71
    GoodVibes71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Any insight or inspiration on running - feel free to add me !!! Would love ❤️ to hear it all !!