Motivation

Options
How do I stay motivated when I'm bored at home?

Replies

• jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin watch that counts my steps so I set a daily goal and there is an online weekly step challenge so when my son goes to bed I just start pacing the house with some good music or I run/walk in place while watching my favorite show. It's been keeping me motivated and I'm less apt to eat a snack.
  • pjimenezgallegos1986
    pjimenezgallegos1986 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Crochet or watch a movie. I crochet lol. I know it sounds like some old stuff but im only 30 i started some years now. It burns time.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    It's hard. You need to stay determined, as your motivation will wax and wane. Commit to stay below your calorie count, or at maintenance. Most of us have trouble at home. I come on here and read motivating posts when I get the munchies. It takes practice but the more you get into the habit of not going over your calorie count, the easier it will become.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I would say consider it apart of your daily things to do and incorporate it into your life. It's not a hobby or a curiosity? But a task that must be accomplished sometime after you rise and sometime before you go to sleep.