Running app you can set the time for segments

Options
Is there an app that you can program to say walk for 5 mins, run for 5, walk for 2, run for 5 and that kind of thing? I'm thinking like the C25K, but that you can program the times yourself?

Thanks

Replies

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I used to use one called Interval Timer. It didn't say "run for 5 minutes", instead it would beep at the beginning and end of each interval. I think you could also have other sounds.

There are many variations, just search for interval apps.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Thanks. For some reason "interval timer" never entered my head and I couldn't find what I was looking for, but you helped.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Which Garmin do you have? Their workouts feature does exactly what you described.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    The paid for version of Zombies Run has an interval training section that you can fully customise, I use it to set enough intervals for 5/10K "races"
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Is there an app that you can program to say walk for 5 mins, run for 5, walk for 2, run for 5 and that kind of thing? I'm thinking like the C25K, but that you can program the times yourself?

Thanks

Just programme your Garmin through Connect
  • Calaus1
    Calaus1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper has a function that you can set up intervals based on time or distance
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    lots of different interval apps out there - personally, I just program them into my running watch (I use polar but you can do on garmin as well) - mostly I do this, because my intervals vary depending on run goal (so the other day I did 4 miles - miles 1/4 were easy (13 min mile) and 2/3 were 10k pace (10:30) - so I programed 2 different intervals for the run
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've got to look more closely at the Garmin features. Did not know I could do this. Be easier than what I did Saturday trying to hear my phone beep over the music that I have loud.